“Good hotel during Congress”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good hotel during Congress”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It is a quite expensive hotel (but in Boston all hotel are expensive!! ) but with Congress discount it was feasible. The bedroom was very good and I loved the cell phone charge they have there!! very well located , near Boston Common and subway. But they don´t have a swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi Fabiana,
Thank you for joining us at W Boston! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and technology upgrades in our hotel rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston on your next trip.
General Manager, W Boston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We completely enjoyed our trip to Boston. We arrived late after a long day and were upgraded to a larger room via starwoods membership. We were also given a ticket for a free drink at the bar which just characterized how nice all the staff were. We had drinks at the hotel bar, typical W bar scene, fun. Did have to send drink back as juice was rotten. We ate breakfast in the restaurant, which was good and quick. The hotel was central to everything. We took trolley tour around town and got on and off and felt we saw and did everything we wanted.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corners are larger.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi HLLO,

Thank you for your SPG loyalty, and for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the perks that come with SPG membership.
I appreciate your feedback regarding the juice, and have forwarded it along to our food & beverage team for review.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston on your next trip!

Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the W for two nights with our 11 month old and enjoyed our experience. Traveling with a pre toddler can be a challenge but the hotel was very accommodating by providing a pack n play free of charge. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we enjoyed connecting our phone to the Bose speakers in the room. The only downside was that the bathroom sink was separated from the bedroom by a screen rather than a solid wall so it was hard to limit noise in the room if someone wanted to use the sink or get ready while our baby napped. Overall we enjoyed our visit and would definitely consider staying here again on a return visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hi wanderinggypsy07,

Thank you so much for your review, and am so glad to hear you enjoyed our technology upgrades to the room -- I'm also a big fan of the Bose Bluetooth speakers!

On your next trip to Boston, I'd suggest requesting a room ending in 09, as these specific rooms do have solid walls between the bedroom and WC -- and a wide entrance to park the stroller! Just note your request in the reservation, or feel free to email me -- gmgurkirat.singh@whotels.com.

Ortonville, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the W hotel in Boston for a conference in late May. As I've come to expect the service at the hotel was top notch. The minute you arrive you are pampered. The bell staff always held the doors, and are quick with a good morning or offering to hail a cab. The check in staff were amazing they were helpful and courteous. Leyani was key when I ran into issues printing my boarding passes. Jamie at the lobby bar made a great cucumber margarita and was very helpful when I was trying to decide on which single malt Macallan to buy. The lobby bar is the place to go on the weekends before the night get into full swing. This hotel is hip and happening without seeming too pretentious or "hipster" like. I've stayed at W hotels in Chicago and San Francisco, I can say without reservation this was my best W hotel stay to date.

When you stay at a W hotel you feel like you matter.

Green Features: The W hotel is obviously committed to recycling and being environmentally friendly. The waste basket had both a waste and recycling section. The entry lighting had a motion sensor.
2 Thank A_Standley
Hi A_Standley,

Thank you so much for your review -- it made my day! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our fantastic talent + green initiatives!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston on your next trip, and hope you'll have a chance to taste through more of our Macallan selections; the 18 Year Sherry Oak is a personal favorite.

San Antonio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the W Boston for a night and I highly recommend the hotel. It's in a great location, has an energetic bar scene and great staff. Very modern, very clean and very comfortable beds. If it's close to your range, it's worth it

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Kyle1112! Thanks for joining us at W Boston. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your night with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.
All the best,
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The most striking feature of this hotel is the bar/ club kind of area, right at the entrance.. On friday nights, it almost feels like you are walking past a night club!
The rooms are tastefully decorated and reflect the hotel's theme. One of the best thing was the SPG platinum breakfast. Unlike other SPG properties, which offer continental breakfast, I was given a voucher which entitled me to $23 worth of breakfast every morning.. with no restrictions of hot and cold breakfast..
Loved my stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cashish11
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi Cashish11,
I appreciate the fabulous feedback! Thank you for your loyalty to SPG.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston soon.
Cheers,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were excited about adding another W hotel stay to our ever growing W experience. The property is located in the upscale Back Bay area of Boston. The exterior of the property was fairly non-descript as was the lobby. The lobby area is relatively small. Jamie at the lobby bar was exceptional. She provided excellent customer service and made my wife and I feel welcomed. On the second night of our stay, we were treated to inattentive service by the waitresses and uninspired, skimpy pours by the male bartenders. The restaurant and room service menu selections were extremely limited and we decided to dine elsewhere. Francine at the front desk was the true star of the operation. She was awesome and went out of her way to make us feel special. The male and female concierges was also very attentive to their duties as were the doormen. We will try either the Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton for our next visit to Boston.

1 Thank Blueloci
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi Blueloci,
Thank you for your thorough review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by Jamie and Francine, who go above and beyond to take care of our guests.
I have shared your feedback regarding your other Lounge experiences with the food and beverage team. I hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future, and if you do, please feel free to reach out to me directly so that I can personally ensure that you leaved with a changed perception of W Boston. My email address is Gurkirat.singh@whotels.com.
Gurki