“Form over function with Horrible customer service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Form over function with Horrible customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Bad. Really bad. Bags not taken to my room when I arrived. Had to go down looking for them. Stayed for a week. Two VERY small drawers for all of my clothes. Drawers were on the floor. Every morning I was on my knees to get to my clothes. No exaggeration. All counter space I needed was taken up with pre-packaged food they wanted to sell me at outrageous prices. Asked repeatedly to have it removed from my room. Same with small fridge. Took many calls to accomplish this. No coffee maker in the room? What? Bathrobes were TINY. Small asian woman tiny. They were threadbear on the inside. Repeatedly asked for a normal sized robe. None ever appeared. Bath sink is too low. Had to bend way down to shave. Mirror is too far away from sink. Could not see your face to shave without leaning over and then there was a towel bar in the way. Brought everything to the attention of management who came to my room a few times. Was promised things would be addressed. Nothing ever was. No receipt under my door prior to check out as is standard in the industry. Went to the front desk to ask for a receipt. Was refused. Was told one would be e-mailed to me. Called two weeks later as a follow up when it was not sent. Spent ten minutes on the phone again arguing to get an itemized receipt. Wow. Never again. Great location, but the Revere is only one block away.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi Todd,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As a frequent traveler, we appreciate your feedback, as we understand that the hotels that you stay at truly are your home away from home.

Getting the basics right is extraordinarily important to our team, and we don't make excuses for where we dropped the ball. We are reviewing our processes to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Additionally, with your agreement, we can also add your preferences regarding an in-room coffee maker and microwave, printed folio request, and removal of mini bar, to ensure we are aware of your personal preferences on future stays.

I would appreciate the opportunity to connect directly regarding your experience. My email address is Gurkirat.singh@whotels.com, and I look forward to hearing from you.

General Manager, W Boston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

All I can say when you are welcomed to the hotel by such a professional front desk (bonjala) you know this going to fabulous. She was just amazing in every way. Sending us welcome drinks and gifts for kids we knew we so at home. The complimentary tea and coffee was great and the water in the rooms were good quality. The in room dining was divine. We had a good time from start to end. If we ever visit Boston again we will be back there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Farhana H,
Thank you for joining us at W Boston, and for your fantastic review! I'll pass along your praise to Bojana, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the city on your next trip!
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

$48 for a pitcher of sangria (mostly ice) and $23 for a glass on wine?? Didn't even bother to consider eating there. (We did get one complimentary drink and two cupcakes for our two night stay)
I used my Starwood points so I didn't pay for the room...which was awesome. Beds so comfy, but I didn't get any upgrade or free breakfast though as a Starwood member.

One good thing is there is a Rock Bottom restaurant directly across the street for regular price drinks and food.

Bottom line use your points to get your free stay at this hotel , get your complimentary drink and go to Rock Bottom... Or even better Cheers (walking distance for drinks and apps)

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hi vcknota,

Thanks for joining us at W Boston! We appreciate your SPG loyalty, and I'm glad to hear your glowing feedback on your guest room and the service you received.

In the W Lounge, a glass of Veuve Clicquot Brut is $23, but it is our most expensive wine by the glass offering, and a majority of wine is in the $12-$16 range. I have forwarded your sangria feedback to our Lounge team.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Mexico City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We got a very good room, corner view. We had complimentary breakfast due to our SPG card. Breakfast was very good and the waiters really nice. Room had all the amenities, iphone charger, speakers, best toiletries.
Consierge was helpful to buy is some tickets for the theater. Theaters are walking distance, as well as the park and subway station. The area is close to not being nice but if you walk towards the park it is beautiful.
Walking distance to Boylston st, the Public Library and the shops.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi viajeramx1,
Thanks for joining us at W Boston! We appreciate your SPG loyalty, and your feedback. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family stayed at this centrally located hotel near the Boston Commons and theatre district on a recent trip. We needed a hotel that would let us bring our St. Bernard and the W staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The room was nicely appointed and the beds were extremely comfortable. We enjoyed an early evening cocktail in the lounge and I was able to take advantage of the Bliss spa for a wonderful massage. I would recommend this hotel if you are
visiting Boston. The only downside is that they don't have a pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Hi castroNewYork,
Thanks for joining us at W Boston. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The next time you're in town, we'd be happy to arrange for complimentary pool access at our sister hotel, the Westin, just a few blocks away. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The W lives up to its reputation. We were upgraded upon arrival (with our SPG card) and made to feel very special (thank you lovely Francine).
The rooms are spacious and clean and in the hubbub of Boston.
Would not hesitate in returning to this or another W again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Showbizsimon,

Thank you for the great review, and your SPG loyalty! I'm glad that to hear that you enjoyed our service and vibe, and will pass along the fantastic feedback to Francine.

Singapore River, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night, it is close to the Chinese part of Boston so we had a nice meal in a local restaurant.

Facilities were good but I would have liked a shaver and toothbrush to be supplied and the cost of WiFi made it uneconomic.there is free WiFi in the lounge but I found it snail slow.

I turned off the ac and opened a window on the warm night I was there....made a nice change because a lot of hotels don't have opening Windows any more.

The hotel is clean and tidy and I loved the dj themed music that seemed in most of the public places of the property.

All in all a pretty good experience

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Steve B
Hi Steve B!
Thanks for joining us at W Boston. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Anytime you need a razor or toothbrush, just ask: our Whatever/Whenever service agents can bring one up to your room immediately (along with pretty much any other toiletry you might need)! I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.