“Chic, Modern Luxury in the heart of Boston” 5 of 5 bubbles

W Boston
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Chic, Modern Luxury in the heart of Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our stay at the W Hotel Boston was superb. This hotel is modern, upscale, and chic. The service was wonderful, and they even sent a number of personal emails to me prior to check-in just to say they were looking forward to having us, and asking if there was anything they could do to make our stay more special. Check-in was quick, and they upgraded us to a room on a higher floor, which had great city views. The lobby, bar, and breakfast restaurant areas on the first floor are very stylish and modern. There is also coffee, tea, and fruit infused ice water available just beside the check-in desks. The staff was also quick to bring items needed to our room when asked, such as bowls and silverware. All with a smile.

We loved our room. It was painted in a moody grey, and the long entrance way gave it a sense of drama. The bathoom was smartly laid out, with full sized shower and toliet in their own separate room. Bliss bath products are provided, and the smell and feel great. The shower had a really nice adjustable, massaging showerhead. Outside the shower/toliet area is a separate sink area with floating bowl sink, and plenty of room for personal items. A rolling shade behind the bath mirror can be pulled up to reveal a see-through screen to allow natural light and a view of the room. The design is ingenious.

The king sized platform bed and linens were extremely comfortable and first class. The room is also packed with electronics like a white noise machine, BOSE bluetooth enabled speaker, smartphone/iPhone charging station, DVD player, and flat panel TV with hookups for your own electronic devices. They also provide a well stocked mini bar and a loaded snack box. There’s also a ton of lighting options in the room, which we were happy to play around with and find the best feel for our mood. We couldn’t hear any other hotel noises in the room either -- it was like sleeping in a vault. Another nice touch is a window that can be opened to allow in outside air. We were able to turn off the airconditioning and let in the unseasonably cool August air.

We found the hotel to be very convenient for walking to Boston Common, Thinking Cup, Chinatown restaurants, and a Whole Foods is just about a 15 minute walk away. We also caught a train at Boston South Station which is a 15 minute walk straight down the street from the hotel.

I highly recommend staying here for the service, location, and ambience. We can’t wait to stay again when we’re in Boston.

Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi lucky_bunni,
Thanks for joining us at W Boston, and the fantastic review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and all the special touches that we add to a hotel experience. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.
General Manager, W Boston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Trendy hotel located in the theatre district. Obviously, the focus of the W hotel chain is customer appreciation as every staff member greets you, opens doors with a smile and are available to assist you. A lot of attention to detail in this hotel with a lot of free extras in the room such as Bose speakers, CD player, free water, Comfortable down pillows, etc, etc. We first stayed in NYC's W hotel and were pleasantly surprised as we usually stay at the Crowne Plaza on Times Square customer service is poor for example instead of saying please give me a minute you get the stop sign with a hand. A lot of details in this hotel but new and trendy if that suits your taste. The only problem I see at the W in Boston is that the doors to rooms slam when closing and this can be startling with late check in neighbours. I would definitely book this hotel chain again!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 queen bed room spectacular and was very comfortable as we were travelling with our...
Green Features: You have the enviro option which means no one sets foot in your room for the duration and we received free wifi. suffice to say on the third day the staff left a note for cleaning of our room if we wanted new linen or towels which they did.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Hi Brian_M_822014,
Thanks for joining us at W Boston. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My first time at a W, although I usually like Westins. I was disappointed. Hotel seemed a bit worn and cheap. Carpeting, furnishings, decor all looked like a bit, well... cheap, sort of like a Hampton Inn with a really nice bathroom, which is great if you are staying at a Hampton Inn, but not what I expected from a W. Bed was comfortable, and I liked the opening window in the room. Bathroom was nice. No coffee provisions in room, which to me is inexplicable. I was ok with the $50 parking fee, but a bit put out by the $15 internet fee (which in all fairness, the front desk did remove from the bill. There was also a local phone call fee, which they also removed and I think was because the concierge made a call to find out about a tour.)

Service was good, I guess. The concierge put forth a good effort in finding some info for us, the parking valets were quick and courteous, and the front desk staff was fine.

All in all, the hotel would have been better if someone else were paying for it (meaning if I were on a business trip.) Didn't feel like it was a good value, and I really like having coffee in the morning without having to call room service.

Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi c388791,

Thank you for your review, and for staying with us at W Boston.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the rooms, and we do have a complimentary Keurig coffee maker that we can have waiting in your room upon arrival. Please let me know if you'd like us to note this preference on future reservations; you can contact me anytime at GMGurkirat.singh@whotels.com.

Seoul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Nice and chic hotel. Typical W. Stayed here three times. I realised during this year's visit that Jean George's restaurant on the 1st floor started with this hotel was not there any more. Means no restaurant is in this hotel except a breakfast lounge and lobby lounge. Excellent service. Staffs are very friendly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi bduckk,
Thanks for joining us at W Boston! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of searching for a chef partner, and hope to have a new signature restaurant in place soon.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston! See you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

What a great hotel to stay in while visiting Boston.
Staff is really friendly. Rooms nice. Bathrooms beautiful.
Good location. Bar is nice.
Would definitely stay again. Stayed on 6th floor. Had a room on the even side which was a better view than odd side.

Room Tip: Even side rooms have better view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Hi romred4!
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our first stay at the W. I always wanted to try. Overall it is a very good experience. The bed was comfortable, room was quiet (cannot hear noise from the lobby), but when the next door guest having a part you can't sleep, but I guess this is not the hotel's problem. Location is excellent, you can walk to Boston Common or subway station within minutes, doormen were all super helpful. The price is definitely high but I would say you get what you paid for.

Room Tip: Request higher floor since the lobby turned into a lounge at night.
Hi Moon K,
Thanks for joining us at W Boston for your first W experience! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.
Warszawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've stayed only for two days and have not used most of services provided by the hotel so my review only applies only to the hotel location and room. I also have not paid for the stay, so can't relate to the price/value ratio.
Hotel has very modern design and room has everything you need (though WiFi in the room is an extra paid). Staff is very helpful and communicative. Very good location if you are interested in historical Boston city district.
Would recommend this if you are looking for a high standard, modern style hotel near center of Boston.

Room Tip: One thing that is quite odd about the room is that the bathroom is not separated from the rest of th...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Hi Syzmon S,

Thanks for joining us at W Boston. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your SPG stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.