“True Italian”
Review of Panza

Panza
Reserve with OpenTable
Panza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 3,306 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Fleet St.
Transit: Haymarket (Orange); North Station (Orange, Green); Aquarium (Blue)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stumbled across Panza and we very lucky to get a seat. It is a very great and relaxing atmosphere. It felt like you could just take your time and enjoy the meal, did not feel rushed at all in a very busy restaurant. Carmen was an excellent server who took care of us and gave perfect recommendations. The Italian salad was amazing with lots of great ingredients and flavours. We both had pasta of course, my wife had Linguine Alla Pescatore with the spicy red sauce. It was a perfect sauce and the amount of seafood in it was spectacular. I had the pasta special which was a demon pepper tagliatelle pasta with fresh lobster and tomatoes in a garlic white wine oil sauce. It was so fresh and light, it was the perfect amount of pasta and absolutely delicious. Wine list is priced excellent with a glass of red $6 with a few choices that were excellent with the meal.

1  Thank Devilsteeth

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic Italian, great serving sizes and very fresh. One lady is the hostess and waitress for ALL of the tables so service and accuracy of wait time is poor. Food is worth it if you aren't in a rush!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had visitors from out of town and decided to try a new place in the North End. Man, we were not disappointed.

The place is small, as it's the North End, and we had to wait outside for a while even though we reservations, but everyone was super nice, and the restaurant IS accessible. We were very comfortable at a table in the back and did not feel like we were in the way at all.

Our waiter was very nice and gave great advice about the menu. We got a couple different appetizers and a bottle of wine. The goat cheese and mushroom spring rolls that were part of the reason we ended up going there (their menu seemed to be a little more original than most place in the North End) were incredible. I still think of them, and think we may need to go back before the summer is over.

Everyone was impressed with their entrees as well. I had the carbonara, which was so delicious and not overly creamy, or heavy for a summer night.

We opted to not get dessert, and go to Mike's after, which the waiter totally understood.

The biggest wow about this restaurant was when the bill came and even though it felt like we got a ton of food, and the wine- the total was under $200 for 4 people! I couldn't believe it!

This is definitely going on our list of North End favorites!

1  Thank Malphaba
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A colleague from work who lived in Boston recommended this restaurant to my husband and I. I am so glad that I listened. We are from NYC and we thought the food was great! It is a small place and upon arrival on a Monday night, there was a line out the door. Glad that I made reservations. We started with the Sicilian spare ribs which were falling off the bone. We then shared an Italian chopped salad and then I had homemade butter nut squash ravioli which comes with actual roasted butternut squash on the side, while my husband had a free form lasagna which was delicious. If you live in Boston or are visiting, I would definitely recommend this place. Enjoyed it and will be back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stumbled into here after seeing long lines at Giacomo's and so glad we did. Calamari is wonderful, and my husband declared the chicken marsala the best he ever had. Good bread, good entries for the kids, excellent service.

2  Thank HeatherLynnB