“A modern room in an old city”

Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Atlanta
“A modern room in an old city”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

good location,friendly staff at check in. check in and check out were both a breeze. Great shower and room amenities. Wireless access was not increase with my room package. Comfortable and quiet room. I found this hotel on jetsettet and was pleased with the result. Did not try the restaurant or bar. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Thank you so much! I'm glad that you gave us a try through jetsetter and I cant wait for you to stay here again. You must have some drinks and eats in the restaurant. We won't take no for an answer! Please email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup and I'll be happy to take care of everything myself!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed here one night while in Boston.

Perfect location to walk to shopping and nightlife.
One block from the subway

Rooms look just like the web page! Really neat, very clean and very high end toiletries. The rooms are on the small side but just fine for two. Comfortable bed and nice shower pressure. Did not experience or hear hallway noise.

Honor bar is very pricey, bought water and snacks at mini mart right next door for alot less!

Check in was very friendly and helpful, but didn't want to ask the concierge for advice as he seemed rather abbrasive! Listened to him ridicule a woman who questioned him about the cost of Yankee/Red Socks tickets. Even the front desk gave him a look!

Had breakfast there, excellent! Great, friendly service, really good choices for breakfast and not very expensive!

Can't beat the cost, parking and location! We will stay here again on our next trip to Boston!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Yay! I'm so glad that you had a good time with us! I'm happy that you found us to be true to your impressions, and that you found everything conveniently around us. Boston is smaller than you'd think, right? I'm so sorry about the experience with the concierge. That is certainly not the impression we would like any of our customers to have. I can't wait to have you back again, and I hope you'll email me at -------------- if I can help you with reservations!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The Ames Hotel has a fantastic location in Boston - easy to get to major attractions, the T, etc. The hotel itself has great, modern decor and clean rooms. While we didn't eat there, the restaurant/lounge on the first floor always seemed to be very busy and popular.

We traveled with our 16-month-old son. While I wouldn't say the hotel itself was "kid friendly" (some of the modern decor was a bit mutually exclusive with a rampaging toddler), I was beyond impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. The night we arrived, our luggage didn't make it and our son became very sick. The hotel immediately gave us a portable crib (as our was still lost by the airline). We also had to take our son to the emergency room for what we later found out was a painful ear infection. All of the staff remembered us, helped us find our way to/from the hospital, and asked in the coming days how the little guy was doing and if he was on the mend. Any of the amenities we needed while waiting for our luggage were brought to our room immediately.

So ... I would absolutely stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kelcan21
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad that despite the poor babe's ear infection that you had a great stay with us. I hope your son is feeling better, and I'm very glad to hear that we were able to help make a stressful situation a little less so. When you come back, please email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com and I will handle your reservations personally!
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The environment and vibe here is clearly geared a bit more to the younger set. Very modern, European feel but with hints of old-world architecture. Great location. Friendly staff, very comfortable rooms. The bar is quite active in the evenings, filled with trend-setting professional types.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed with children, age 2 and 5. The deluxe double double had ample room for play, and allowed us to sequester the crib out of view of our bed. The staff was attentive to our every need. Laundry service was prompt (they even wash carseat covers.)
Location can't be beat, between 3 T stops, at the door step of Faneuil hall. all in all a great place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank azrunbunny
Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that your family enjoyed their stay and that your room proved to be spacious enough for the little ones. Please come back again (maybe the kids will go to college in Boston?); I would love to help you out with future bookings. Email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com!
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We have spend 4 nites at Ames last month and very pleased with the location , staff and service.

First of all; if you are for financial center or Freedom Trail you can not ask for a better place, located a blok from Faneuil Market the hotel is 10 min away from Logan Airport (by a cab, or subway) , the blue line T station is across from the front door and the Green line T station is next corner , what can you ask for more ?.

The elegant first skyscraper of Boston has decorated with minimalist taste. The lobby is like an art gallery decorated with few but tastefull modern objects. We have stayed on the 14th floor and although in one of the smaller rooms (what we have understood from floor plans posted in rooms) facing financial center, our deluxe king room was spacious. Smartly decorated room with contemporary furniture, offers the confort of home, high ceilings letting lots of light in. The modern designed bathroom is large and functional, complete with fullfy towels, upscale toiliteries, powerful hair dryer, lit magnifying vanity mirror and dimmer lite which comes handy at nite when visiting the bathroom. The mini bar and snack tray has a good and wide variety of choices. Iron, radio, umbrella naming few more little yet thoughtful touches to add.

We were on the 14th floor so the noise from outside was not disturbing. The hotel has a small yet well equipped gym along with a bussiness center. The elevators are a bit small yet fast, the lounge on the first floor is decorated comfortably. The Woodward restaurant by the entrance, popular by financial district employees, has a very good bar along with good food. We have enjoyed the tasteful breakfasts.

The staff was always helpful , friendly and prompt, with a positive approach for every demand, solution focused, like providing umbrella's for everyone of us when it started pouring , printing driving directions, grabing a cab what ever is needed.

Overall the hotel with its location and staff is a very good choice for accomodation and well worth the price I would highly recommend Ames.

Room Tip: 14th floor larger room facing financial center
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aguvenis
Thank you so much! This is just amazing; I'm in love with your description of everything from the rooms, to the decor in the restaurant. I hope that you'll join us again when you're back in the states. Please email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com so that I can help you with reservations!
New York
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Black hallways. Clear bathroom walls, with shower curtains providing the privacy. Yikes. This funky Boston hotel was well appointed but come on, people. Seriously? And the tub? I needed a ladder to crawl into the shower. I would give this hotel props for trying to appeal to the business hipsters, but stay away if you are claustrophobic because the rooms are fairly small. Thumbs up for room service, who gives you a call when the order is on its way. That was something that almost never happens. And the barkeep in the restaurant was cheery and chatty during our late night snack of lobster roll and chowdah. It did take us several phone calls to find our luggage after check in, but the valet service was speedy and polite. Location in the financial district isn't the best (unless your business day takes you there), but it is walking distance to the much diminished Quincy Market area. Will I return?Probably not. I like my room plush and inviting. This was too stark and weird for my tastes.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I'm sorry we were not the style of hotel you were looking for. I'm glad to see that you gave us a shot, and that our service was still great. If you ever do decide to give us another chance, perhaps in one of our larger rooms without a soaking tub, feel free to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com.