“a fantastic surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
San Francisco, California
“a fantastic surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

no sign up front, a quiet treat! in the heart of the financial district, so close to logan airport...
wonderful beds, great room, special treat was a make-up area with perfect lighting.
fabulous breakfast before leaving for the airport!!
would DEFINITELY go back!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Thank you! I'm so glad you were pleasantly surprised by us. Please come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

This is by far one of my favorite hotels to stay at, not only in Boston but anywhere. I travel to Boston for work but have also chosen this hotel when traveling on my own dime. Rooms are a good size and decorated well. Comfy beds, great shower. The staff is friendly and helpful if you need directions or recommendations. You also great great bath products and on occasion I've been surprised by cookies and milk delivered to my room!

• Stayed March 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fabulous! Thank you so much for your frequent stays with us, and for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. Please let me know if there is anything that we can ever do to make you more comfortable. If you need assistance booking your future reservations, please let me know and email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com. Welcome back!
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the Ames in August for five nights and we really enjoyed our stay there. We were warmly welcomed by the always-friendly staff and it didn't take even two minutes to get us checked in after a exhausting long-haul flight. The room was quiet, spacious and very good value for the money. Staff was also very helpful and patient when we wanted to go to Martha's Vineyard and hadn't booked the ferry in advance. So everything was perfect.

If I have to find a negative then it's the $10 they charge for wireless internet access per day. I think today wireless should be complementary, especially in a hip place like this!

But most importantly: you can't beat the location. The Ames Hotel is located in, well, the Ames Building (btw. that's the only hint you'll have when looking for it - there's no sign whatsoever at the door or on the street!) which is just across the road from Old State House. Farneuil Hall is a 2-minute walk. Very convenient for sightseeing!

Overall, we can absolutely recommend the Ames. We will definitely stay there again when we're in Boston again. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! I hope you had a blast on Martha's Vineyard too. Now that you're comfortable with where we are, I'd love to have you back again! Please contact me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com if you need help with any future reservations!
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great value, location, and standard. Call first to make sure that there is no construction going on outside. I'm laying awake because 24 hour construction is happening outside my window. So loud!!!!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review! I hope you weren't disturbed too much by the construction that the City of Boston is doing. We have ear plugs and white noise machines available, and whenever possible we try to put people in rooms that do not overlook the site. I hope you will come back and give us a second chance. Email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com so that I can assist personally.
Northborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The weekend started with a friendly valet who whisked away our car so we had no worries about parking in downtown Boston. We were greeted at the door with a smile and every staff member we interacted with was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was at the top floor. It was immaculately clean as was the entire hotel. The bed was comfortable, the room was large as was the bathroom. We were very satisfied with the accommodations. We had breakfast at the hotel on both days and really enjoyed the unique menu. It was just a great weekend getaway!! Can't wait to do it again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Excellent! What a story you have told with your desciption. I felt like a guest myself. I am delighted that you had a great time with us; I hope you will get to come back and stay again. Have some more of that delicious breakfast, eh? If you need help with any future bookings, feel free to email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com.
Rego Park, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Had an easy check in check out at this hotel. Front desk was extremely pleasant ( i believe her name was Ali). Hotel room is very modern and typical morgan hotel style. Sleek & contemporary. Loved the bathroom, no tubs ladies. Bed was SUPER comfy. Was only there for one night but will be coming back again. Location was great walking distance from South Station. Unfortunately left my favorite belt in the room and I have yet to hear back from housekeeping and security if they have found it :(. Overall great hotel. Lil pricey but your paying for the amenities.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your stay and your review! I love your kind comments and the overview of our services. I hope you found your belt; if it is the one I'm thinking of we already spoke and it was mailed out last week. Let me know if you don't receive it (or if I am thinking of the wrong belt!). I hope you'll get to stay with us soon. Email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com if I can be of any more assistance!
Monaco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Best Breakfast's I've ever tasted in a hotel.

Converted Old Building done tastefully, excellent Location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wonderful! I hope you'll be back with us again! Thanks for your review!