“Good location.”

Ranked #45 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Knesselare, Belgium
“Good location.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Booked this hotel under the Morgans management, when there was still a restaurant and bar in the hotel: because I think it's handy to have drinks in the same building you stay.
Unfortunately the new owners closed all F&B-options. Nevertheless, there are some good bars and restaurants nearby. Although; I think a bar & restaurant could bring more life and a more vibrant atmosphere in this beautiful hotel.
The design is fantastic! Rooms and lobby, both have a stylish and practical design. My room was just big enough, again stylish and very pleasant. Loved the clean look and large windows. My bathroom was comfortable and spacious. Everything was very clean. Beds have a good sleep quality. Save the best for last: Location! This hotel has a great location: near most major tourist attractions, restaurants, the harbour, some shops, ...
I will certainly book this hotel again when I'm in Boston!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Takayuki S, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We now do serve European breakfast on the second floor with Swiss bakery goods. The first floor is still under re-concept and we are looking forward to a new year. We hope to see you soon!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at the Ames Hotel, very well looked after when I arrived, Room was lovely but you have to like the modern style, nice room size and furniture, nice view over Boston and the sea, lovely bathroom with a very big walk in shower, great minibar and nice breakfast in a lovely room with a fire and a view on the city. Well situated to all must see in downtown Boston.
The only thing is the noise, I tried two different room, due to my schedule, one I could slightly hear the tube, the other some truck unloading on Saturday early morning. So if you have difficulty to sleep I will recommend another Hotel. Otherwise it is great!

Room Tip: room 1411 had a nice view over the city and sea
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank babybear78
Takayuki S, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for your review. Due to our location it is sometime difficult to judge how much street noise would occur. On your next visit please remind us that you would like to be placed away from the street noise and we will do our best to accommodate your request. We hope to see you soon and Happy Holidays
Denver
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very hip boutique hotel in a historic building. We loved the bed, the shower, the location. Felt a little too cool for school in some ways, and was not cheap, but was a nice hotel in a perfect location for exploring downtown Boston's bars, restaurants, and historic sights.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheMightyQuint
Thank you for giving our hotel a great review. We hope to see you soon and Happy Holidays!!!
new hampshire
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've stayed in hotels all over the world. This was one of my very favorites. I can't put my finger on exactly what made it perfect, but it contributed to a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay in Boston. I loved the modern decor mixed with the charm of the old building. The huge windows, deep tub, wood floors (I've never seen that before, I loved it),........it was soothing to rest there between excursions. And with the amazingly comfortable beds and pillows and a duvet instead of a creepy bedspread.....I've never slept better. And with Starbucks and other coffee shops 2 seconds away, I didn't even mind that there was no coffee maker in the room (although, if they decided to add those, I wouldn't mind that, either). I cannot WAIT to stay here again. I can stop trying out other hotels......I've found my favorite.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mzfitz31
Great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward seeing you soon!!!
Happy Holidays
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 November 2013

stayed on a saturday night in September. Awaoke to what i thought was a mini earth quake or maybe an extremly noisy elevator. I was able to determine that the hotel is writ over the Tline that starts at 5 in the morning.
Secondly, i stupidly left my phone charger in the wall for my new iphone 5. Called the next day and spoke to a gentlman that took my address, telling me he would mail it to me. Its November and it still hasn't arrived!!!!
I realize it was my fault for leaving it in the wall, but you don't have to be a Boston detective to locate which employee unplugged it and made it their own. I wouldn't go back!!!!

Room Tip: stay away from the T
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WesternMass01095
Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience regarding your Iphone charger. If you are able to email the hotel at ames@amesbostonhotel.com with your name and contact info we will be able to check our lost and found to see if we have your charger. And if we do have your charger in our lost and found department. We will ship it to you right away. We look forward hearing from you soon.
sydney
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here 5 nights. Was a fantastic location. 7 minute walk to the waterfront. Right on the hop on hop off bus route. The staff were absolutely fantastic, especially Angela on the front desk. Assisted with booking day trips and advice about shopping etc. The restaurant was closed for our stay but there were plenty of local places for food and coffee. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the great review. We also would like to let you know that we are now serving European cold breakfast. We hope to see you soon!!!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. We were amazed they could be classified as a hotel. The building and the rooms were very modern and clean. Majority of the rooms did not have a bath. Were shocked to fing after asking, that there is absolutely no room service, after several requests managed to get a coffee maker brought to our room. No restaurant or breakfast facilities at all, have to go out for breakfast. There is a restaurant in the hotel, so looks impressive, but is just not used at all. Unfortunately you are not informed there is no breakfast facilities, unless you ask for the breakfast hours. No tourist brochures at all, except for a map of the centre. We were instructed to go to the information office in the centre of town.
We are regular travellers and have never given a bad report on a hotel before, but this was extremely dissappointing. Felt very sorry for the staff who had to deal with the patrons, they really tried to do their best, think the management need to do something to turn this inot a hotel. Never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda M
Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay. We do now offer European cold breakfast on the second floor which is outstanding with assortment of choices to choose from. We hope you give us another try and we hope to see you soon!!!

Happy Holidays