“High style with exceptional location and great service”

Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #41 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and just came back. We couldn't have been happier. The room was elegant, stylish and comfortable. This is boutique hotel rooms at their best and contrary to many boutique hotel properties, we had lots of room. The service was available and quick to respond and acknowledge but never in our face.
You simply can't beat the location as a central home base. Every T line is close and you can easily walk to all the Freedom Trail sites, the North End and Beacon Hill's sites. The Back Bay and South End are a quick few stops down the T. Truly couldn't have been better...
We wished all hotels had the warm sophistication of the Ames. Very highly recommended...

Stayed: July 2014
Craig B, Front Office Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us & for the wonderful review, we appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked the Ames for five days. Wanted a hotel close to the sites Boston has to offer and this place checks out. Upon arriving, we had the door open for us (yes, they have a doorman), concierge/front desk was prompt and efficient. By the way, when you walk in and before you make a left look up. The room was a deluxe king and it's the size of a small studio apartment. Open the closet you will find a sturdy and bright orange umbrella, fridge, microwave and safe as well as other things for purchase. The bathroom was spacious (look in the trash bin for some art). Breakfast is available for $15; however, we booked the rise and shine package that gave us vouchers everyday of our stay. The selection is simple: muffins, croissants, yogurt, cold cereal, etc... As for proximity to sites, across the street and above the orange line metro (T) stop is the Old State House, round the corner and you're at Faneuil Hall. Close proximity to Freedom Trail, Boston Common, and TD Garden (15 minute walk up Congress Street). Staff is beyond friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Craig B, Front Office Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us & our location. Thanks for your review as well, we really do appreciate it. We hope to see you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Ames Boston Hotel should be your top choice if you want to explore Downtown Boston! Providing great service and comfortable room, the hotel is located right across from a MBTA station under Old State House and is only a minute away from Faneuil Hall.

I stayed here for three nights and was glad that I chose Ames. The hotel was so conveniently located that I could easily backtrack to my hotel to either take a shower or drop off something without impeding my downtown exploration. The hotel location was terrific!

The room itself was also nice. Although the room was not as spacious as other 3-4 stars hotels, Ames still provides all the accommodations that you need to have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Don't expect a top-notch business center or fitness room though.

What won me over however was the service. I reserved this hotel under my name for a family vacation, but I got stranded in Pittsburgh because my flight was cancelled. My mom and sister were already in Boston because they flew from Houston. I explained my situation to Ames on phone, and the front desk receptionist switched the reservation name to my mom without hesitation so my family could check in without me! I wasn't able to enter Boston until 2 AM, so if Ames wasn't so accommodating, my mom and sister may have been roaming in the Boston streets for the whole day!

The location was splendid. The room was comfortable. The service was spectacular. I don't see anything to complain about Ames Boston Hotel, so I have high confidence that you too will enjoy this hotel if you are traveling to Boston for an adventure like me!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us. We're glad we were able to help you out by changing the name on your reservation as well. Thank you so much for the wonderful review & we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was not all that easy to find the entrance to this excellent hotel. On the second try we succeded and received a warm welvome. The room in the 6th floor faced the street but had very good sound proof windoes. So no disturbances by outside noise. Breakfast was not included. Nevertheless it was offered on the ground floor as a complete self-serfice meal. for roughly 15.-US$ including taxes this was an excellent deal. From fresh fruit plates to smoked salmon and breads and croissants everything has been offered except hot dishes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wama10

Thank you so much for staying with us & for the review. We do have plans to install an awning soon to make us even easier to find. We'll be looking forward to seeing you next time you're in town!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Beautiful modern design rooms with a historic flare. Customer service is top notch, they make you feel like you are a very important person. For being in a city the rooms feel very spacious. The location can't be beat, very close to all the amazing Italian restaurants of the North End, the wharf, Faneuil Hall. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us & for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed only 2 nights but I'd have loved to have stayed more. Hotel is clean and no carpeting in room was wonderful--first time I've ever felt I could walk barefoot in a hotel. Bathroom was very spacious and modern. Beds were quite comfortable. Room seemed spacious with its high ceiling and contemporary furniture. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Location can't be beat. If I ever make it back to Boston I will stay here. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we certainly enjoyed having you. Thanks for staying with us & for your review. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is my favorite Boston Hotel! I have stayed here 5 times and every stay was most enjoyable!
The location is really perfect for getting around Boston on foot, Very close to everything important! the rooms are very well designed and appointed and the bathrooms have luxury written all over them. I always look forward to returning to the Ames as I know my stay will be exceptional.

Room Tip: It is definitely worth the extra money to get a larger room, preferably a studio. The views are magn...