1,800 results
All reviews old state house great location faneuil hall freedom trail glass shower hardwood floors historic building boutique hotel quincy market the north end state street modern design street noise mini bar government center room service corner room
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a stylish contemporary hotel with excellent customer service and everything on your doorstep then this is for you. The hotel itself is beautiful and very tastefully decorated. My husband and I were lucky enough to have a room with a the largest deepest bath I have ever experienced in a hotel. It was like something from a Roman spa. The combination of the marble surround and Crabtree & Evelyn complimentary toiletries was sheer luxury. It may be worth mentioning that the bath and overhead shower is separated from the bedroom by a glass wall with a curtain for privacy. You can control the lighting in the bathroom, but it may be worth bearing in mind. Our room at the front of the building also overlooked offices opposite, so again if you wanted privacy in the daytime, you had to pull the curtains across.
The room itself was beautiful with soft pillows and a really comfortable bed and the heating was very easy to regulate. Despite it's position it was lovely and quiet too.
The service from the staff was impeccable from the porter, to the reception staff to the housekeeping team. I asked for some extra things for the room and a short while later the front desk rang to see if they had been delivered and was everything ok. That to me was a lovely touch.
I can't comment on the restaurant as I ate out. Being in the heart of Boston and a short walk from Quincy Market and the Waterfront etc, you are spoilt for choice in terms of what to do and where to eat. I would certainly stay here again if I was to ever come back to Boston and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others as well.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2017_GuestExperience, General Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ames. There are so many things to do in this city and we like helping our guests do it. We love that we can help our guests enjoy all of the great things the city has to offer. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Ok what can I say? I arrived with a heavy cold spent two days in hotel room with a heavy cold. Staff were great. Really pushed boat out to help my wife. Thank you for all your kindness. Great room loved the bath

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ames. Hospitality is our number one priority and we are so glad that you saw that. We hope you will stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

a very romantic location in the heart of the most beautiful city in America....the suite we stayed in was on the corner and we had a view of the custom house clock tower and the Boston harbor and in the bedroom a view of Downtown crossing

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Beds are uncomfortable....didn't sleep well. Bathrooms need to be re-painted. The robes looked dirty. Breakfast is OK. Valet can take a very long long time when picking up car so you may want to try and call ahead from your room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
1  Thank Jamiefit

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

We are very sorry that your stay was not up to par. We try very hard to make sure that our rooms are as comfortable as possible and we are sorry that did not show during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again so we can show you our best foot forward.

Best wishes

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I usually wait until the end of my stay to write my review but I am making an exception. I try to only stay at Hiltons so I may be a bi biased, but I travel for work and in a hotel weekly. This hotel is wonderful. The customer service is one of the best I have encountered, if not the best so far from all the Hiltons I have stayed. From the valet to the front desk team, it has been quite a positive experience. To top it all off, my room is quaint, my bed comfortable and the shower!!! I didn't want to get out. I absolutely recommend this hotel not just for the comfort, but the way you are treated is exceptional.

If every hotel had this service, being away from home would not be so bad

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ames. Our hospitality is our number one priority and we are so glad that showed during your stay. Our staff wants to make sure you feel right at home in our wonderful city. We hope to see you again very soon.