“What an amazing hotel!”

Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“What an amazing hotel!”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Me and my wife just got back from 5 nights in Boston, the hotel was absolutely amazing. We had the most amazing room, fantastic views over the financial district and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I would love to know where to get that bed from to have at home. Wow.
The showers are brilliant, the design of the rooms are fantastic, and the furniture was very funky.

The only small issue we had was the heating being a little loud when it came on, but that's just being a bit picky.

The value of the hotel was outstanding. I had been to Boston twice before and stayed at 15 beacon which is also a lovely hotel but this time round the price of 15 beacon was so much more than Ames I thought I would give it a chance, which I'm glad we did.

Can't wait to visit again soon

• Stayed November 2010
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 December 2010
And we can’t wait to have you back! I am so happy that you and your wife had such an amazing stay with us. Thank you for your comments about the design and the bed...we love them too! So plush and comfortable! Please don’t hesitate to email me directly at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com when you plan your next trip to Boston and I will be happy to handle your booking!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2010

My Wife and I just enjoyed a 3 night stay for our anniversay during the Black Friday weekend. The hotel is in the perfect location. The T train from the airport is across the street, as well as numerous shops and restaurants. The hotel is within walking distance to Little Italy, the TD gardens and numerous bars and restaurants.
We have stayed in many hotels across America, but this was one of the best places we have stayed. The hotel is VERY clean and modern. The staff was AMAZING. We had breakfeast at the Woodward, and it was one of the best morning meals I have ever had!! the pancakes were delicious! We we would like to give a special thanks to Nina Sweets, who made this one of our more memorable vacations!, as well as the staff at the door, who provided great advice on things to do within the city. We would defintely return to this hotel because of the service, location and the modern rooms!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for your kind comments; I’m glad that I was able to help in making your first stay in Boston a memorable one! Our door staff really is the best; so knowledgeable and creative! I hope that you’ll be back for your next anniversary and many more to come! Please feel free to email me again at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com so that I can take care of your reservations!
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 November 2010

We had an outstanding 3 nights at Ames. The rooms are modern, beautifully appointed and a good size. The staff were outstanding, with a relaxed, welcoming attitude. We would definitely return

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 November 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review us! I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the design and staff as much as we do. I can’t wait until you return; please don’t hesitate to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com if I can book any reservations for you!
Reigate, Surrey uk
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Our stay at Ames was fantastic. All the staff, but particularly Nina and Charles, couldn't have been more helpful in advance of and during our stay. Ames is extremely stylish with a cool vibe. The bar is lively and the restaurant serves excellent food. The Ames is just a few feet away from the freedom trail, we walked every where from the hotel. If you go to Boston try and stay at Ames.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much! I’m thrilled to hear that we were able to make your stay wonderful. Isn’t the food in Woodward delectable? So yummy. I really hope that you can visit stateside again so you can stay with us! Please feel free to contact me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com if I can ever help you with anything!
Caribbean
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I love staying in boutique hotels and the Ames did not disappoint. The hotel is not large hotel by most standards, but it is beautifully furnished and the staff were quite attentive. I booked the day before I was due to travel and was lucky enough to get the corner room on my floor which afforded me views in two directions and overlooked the Old State House. The only drawback I can determine was that the hotel does not offer many extra facilities like a spa or pool; it is more of a business venue and is located solidly in the financial district (which made it a bit of a stroll to the main shopping streets). However for my needs being a short-term stay in the city, it proved more than adequate.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
We are definitely located downtown, but I think being so centrally located is actually quite nice. You can get to any neighborhood within minutes by foot or taxi, and we are just steps from 2 subway stops. Thank you for your comments on the design and the staff. Hopefully you will be able to come back to Boston and stay with us again! Please email me at nina.sweet@morganshtoelgroup.com if you should ever need any assistance
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Excellent service, solved all my problems (, early check in, late check out, room change due to unruly neighbors, finding cab in pouring rain, etc). Minimal deco is welcome, while views of financial district and even airport make rooms highly livable.
Only glitch: inadequate sound proofing (noisy revelers next door woke us up at 3 am), although the staff took care of it by getting them to quiet down and by moving us to better room on top floor.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
I’m happy to hear that we were able to get you in early and that we were able to accommodate the room change. I’m sorry that there were some unruly guests nearby but I’m glad to hear that our Security team responded and quieted them. I hope you’ll be back again and please email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com so that I can handle your reservations personally!
Belgium
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I can really recommend the Ames if you want to stay in a hotel that is unlike most others. It's a beautiful historical building with a sleek modern interior and some little touches of the 'past times'. Service was excellent and staff very professional and friendly. I had emailed the hotel before with some questions and wishes and these were all fulfilled. I don't have any complaints about my week in Boston.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
I’m SO glad your week went smoothly, in business and pleasure! It was so nice working with you, and I hope that you will be able to come back and stay with us again soon. We love being a little bit different than other hotels, and I happy that you enjoyed your experience! Please email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com if I can ever assist you in the future!