“Great Lunch”

Stoddard's Fine Food & Ale
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoddard's Fine Food & Ale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 3,429 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Temple Place & Washington Street
Transit: Downtown Crossing - MBTA Red/Orange Line Park Street - MBTA Red/Green Line
Description: Pub in Boston’s Downtown Crossing. Serving Duck, Rabbit & Pork. Classic Cocktails, Craft Beer & Cask Ale. Playing Django Reinhardt & The Clash. Winner! Boston Magazine’s Best of Boston 2017 — Best Neighborhood Bar Downtown Crossing
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cool spot in Boston. Very nice bar that was hand carved. My hubby ordered the fish and chips and they were excellent!! I had the french dip and onion rings. Mine was good, but I did prefer the fish and chips! :) Service was good, but our waitress was not the friendliest. I don't think she smiled at us at all. Cool place, I would go again.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Hostess seemed a little confused with what was going on and where she was supposed to be seating people and with communication with other staff. Was very dark which is fine if you are drinking but not great if you are just stopping in to eat. Was freezing even though it was about 60 degrees outside with wearing boots and a jacket. My hamburger and onion rings were pretty good but my friend got ribs which were very fatty and mostly not edible and fries were soggy. Staff was kind of rude and seemed to be in a bad mood and were not very attentive.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Came to this great establishment for dinner with 12 colleagues and friends, plenty of atmosphere the food was good and despite it being busy and us being a large party the service was excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This place is just how I like my bars/restaurants - lots of wood and kinda dark. The food was very good too. I had a veggie burger, which was delicious, and my mom loved her food as well. The female wait staff was very attractive too, so that always helps!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

The name says “fine food” and that it was. I knew we were in good shape when the plate of fried (I think sautéed is more likely) brussel sprouts arrived. Lots of them. Still crunchy. Lots of flavor. The same can be said for the swordfish and duck that we ordered. Ample size serving. Cooked just right with properly cooked vegetables that added to the look and taste of the dishes. Lots of beer selections, reasonably priced. The wine starts at $10 a glass.