“South Boston Trendy Date Place”
Review of Coppa

Coppa
Ranked #42 of 3,424 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South End
Description: Coppa is an intimate enoteca tucked on a quiet side street in Boston's South End featuring Italian small plates created by James Beard Award-winning Chefs Jamie Bissonnette and Ken Oringer. Everything is made with locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. Coppa has an eclectic wine list, and unique cordial-based cocktails. We offer a patio in the warmer months. Please note that patio & bar are first come first serve. You can book dining reservations on Open Table or by calling the restaurant. Please also visit our sister restaurant, Toro on Washington street in the South End of Boston.
Reviewed 14 May 2015

More evidence that South Boston continues to rise. This shoebox sized (seats about 36 people inside) Shawmut Avenue, corner establishment, was crowded on a Saturday night in May. I'll describe the menu as a bit eccentric, with several items I've never seen on a menu before, so if you're adventurous, you might want to indulge. Being a bit conservative, we shared a salad (the only one with the usual ingredients; get the large salad as the portions are small), the pasta with chicken sausage, and two different personal size pizzas.My daughter thought this would be a great place for a date; good wine and drink selections, plenty of lively chatter at the tables (it can get loud), young, friendly waitresses, who when it started to rain, quickly arranged for us to leave our al fresco table, and found a place for us inside. If you're craving a full course Italian dinner, this is not the place to satisfy that kind of appetite. But if you want to talk and eat lunch, or want an after movie or whatever meal, you should find it interesting. It is a bit expensive for the experience, but so are lots of other places in this neighborhood. I might go back to try some of the items I've never seen before. Parking can be challenging but there was on street visitor parking up the block towards IS-90..

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Coppa was an incredible dining experience, exceeding our high expectations. Snuggled into a quaint residential corner of Boston, the menu provided a sophisticated and truly Foodie Worthy meal. We shared 9 plates between two of us, stretching our time there as long as possible. Our waiter and serving staff were attentive, really helpful with our selections and let us take time to eat between ordering more plates. The meal developed very organically on its own. The tangy, cheese filled Aranchini was a perfect counterpoint to the fresh vibrant Oysters Esccabeche - which were so light we had to have more than one serving! The crunch of pistachios added texture to the wonderful fennel sauce and beets in the Burrata e Barbabietole. Both pasta dishes were exquisite. Our desserts were as far from an after thought as possible! Our old favourite: Tiramisu surprised us with its cake like appearance. Far from a cake however it was both supermoist and incredibly creamy. The Pistachio Gelato was brimming with crunchy nuts and decadently creamy - my new favourite ice cream for sure!! Coppa also has a great Craft Beer Selection. Dark Truth was definitely one of the best Stouts we have had. Our only regret is that Coppa is a 13 hour drive from our home in Ontario. We would easily drive an hour or two each way to dine here regularly if we were closer!!
Tags: fit for foodies, good for groups, great for brunch, great for lunch, great for outdoor dining, hot spot, late-night find, neighborhood gem, notable wine list, romantic, special occasion, vibrant bar scene

Reviewed 25 April 2015

Almost everything here is house made , The pastas, the charcuterie everything . I walked by one morning and through the window I saw pasta drying , and a half of a pig that they were getting ready to butcher in house . The quality of the food in incredible . In addition to amazing food the staff is very friendly and just really nice people who always go the extra mile to accommodate you . one of my favorite places in Boston .

Reviewed 18 April 2015

Simple dishes, nice ingredients, excellent service but overall , nothing I would absolutely have to return for. Just OK overall.

Gina C, General Manager at Coppa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Good Afternoon, thank you for your feedback on your dining experience at Coppa. I would like to hear more about what fell short for you and invite you back to dine with us. Please email me directly at Info@coppaboston.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

My daughter and I tried the tasting menu here recently and it was outstanding. I loved the creativity of the small plates. I have never been a fan of oysters, but they were amazing here! The beef heart pastrami was great; a dish I would never have ordered but was my favorite on this menu. Wonderful wines including a great sparkling rose. Small and intimate with a true neighborhood feel. A++ service with a very knowledgeable staff. I ended buying the cookbook! A great stop. I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank kayak41952

Been to Coppa? Share your experiences!