“Exceptional treatments -- nice atmosphere and amenities”

The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Ranked #3 of 35 Spas & Wellness in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: When you cross the dramatic green stone threshold to The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Boston you leave the speed of the city behind and enter an oasis of complete calm. We are the only Forbes Five-Star awarded Spa in Massachusetts. Highly trained therapists take a holistic approach, paying close attention to the needs of your body, mind and spirit. Every spa treatment begins with muscles and preparing you for your spa journey ahead
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Ok, so let me begin by saying that in my opinion this is the only real 'resort' day spa in the city. There are lots of other spas, but this one makes you feel like you're on vacation -- it is understated, calming and luxurious. If you are here on vacation, or are just coming in once, I think it will make you feel amazing. However, I have been here three times for three different treatments, and even though each time is has been very relaxing & all of the people who work there are very warm and sincere -- it isn't quite doing the trick for me anymore...sad to say.

When you arrive, they take your shoes away and give you delicious green tea to sip on before they show you around. There is a steam room, whirlpool and experience shower for you to try, and although none of them really amaze me, they're nice to relax in for a bit. The room that you wait for your therapist or aesthetician in is very calming, and there are little bowls of almonds and fruit for you to snack on.

The reasons I couldn't give 5 stars are mostly because of the upkeep of this spa. Over the past three years or so, it seems to have aged a bit and doesn't have the same pristine feeling it used to. The handle into the whirlpool is dangerously wobbly and there were cleaning chemicals on the walls around it....I put my hand in the chalkiness and it was not very pleasant. When I looked around this time, the spa that used to be so gorgeous and amazing, seemed old and a little "average" feeling -- definitely not worth charging the prices they do, despite the wonderful treatments. Not totally sure I'll return again, even though this was my go-to spa in Boston...

2  Thank maggieroman1

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have been to spas all over the world and this place is heaven. They don't have a ton of space but they use the space they have wisely and treat you well. You are welcomed with warm tea, slippers and then shown around. They have a great steam room and hot tub, fantastic amenities and I had the best facial I have ever had in my life there. I highly recommend this spa!

1  Thank Islander005
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I've been lucky enough to go to some fo the best spas in the US and this spa is the BEST. First they welcome you while you sit down and they take your shoes away on a tray. The rest is the BEST, because you can relax an hour before your treatment in the jacquzzi, steam room and relaxlation room, plus there's a small cafe to have something to eat. I love this place and can't wait to return.

2  Thank Authorspurr
Reviewed 11 January 2012

clean, fancy, relaxing. Great service!!! best way to spend 120 minutes of your life.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Went with about 10 girls, everything was wonderful. The staff is superb and very accommodating. Was surprised they didn't have a group room. It's a new property so not sure why they didn't build it in. They also don't have a sauna though they have a mild steam room.

2  Thank beantownchick