“Classy with top class cuisine”
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Monday - Friday.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

excellent service and food of top class standard. cooking demo in private room also a great feature.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Our first visit and it was amazing. The staff are attentive and friendly. The menu offers delicate flavors with complementary sauces and sides. Many surprise extras of bread and cheeses make this venue a cut above. Enjoy! Truly haute cuisine.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I ate here for our first time in Boston in May. I had always wanted to eat here so I made reservations and told them we were coming in from Toronto, and that I am celiac. Our waiter greeted us and welcomed us "from Toronto" and they made the most delicious gluten-free bread for me.

We ordered the prix fixe menu instead of the tasting menu but ended up getting little tasting samples throughout, so the experience was still just as interesting, and tasty. The Jonah Crab and Halibut were both delicous.

Service was first class as well!

I would definitely recommend, and will go back.

1  Thank Narski79
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Menton is as good as advertised and deserves the praise and accolades. From the moment you step inside you will know that you have entered a special place. There is definitely a high level of attention to detail from decor to the kitchen to the front of the house. Yes, for most people it would be a pricey meal, but you will end up paying for well executed & delicious plates and a high level of service. My wife and I had the chef’s tasting menu which I think was about 15 courses. Regarding the food, visually it was beautiful and well laid out. The accompanying tableware aesthetically worked with the food. Every component was meticulously and purposefully placed. Your experience will differ given what ingredients were sourced that day. In fact the menu wasn’t all that informative -- only a single ingredient used in each course is listed. We really enjoyed the rabbit tortellini in a morel broth with a sweetbread crisp. The sunflower seed milk granita with pink peppercorn gelee and grapes was also insanely good. We had a cocktail, 3 glasses of wine (a Santa Barbara Syrah, Puilly-Fuisee & Haut-Medoc), and finished with tea service. We also had the cheese course from their cart with about a dozen different styles (goat/sheep/cow milks & firm/soft/blue). They are sourced from Formaggio’s Kitchen. There were about 8 staff members attending to us throughout the meal and they were very polite and well informed about every component of the meal. Just ask for the cheese cart and listen as one of the servers describes each in great detail. They also had a great sense of pace in terms of bringing us our courses. By that I mean, as the plates became more substantial and heavy on the palate the interval between courses expanded to give us time to savor everything. We went on a Tuesday evening and at any moment, there were no more than 12 other diners. So we experienced a level of attention by the staff that was exceptional. The entire meal lasted about 3 hours and was about $500 for both of us. In terms of attire, I went black jacket/black tie. Some other diners were more casually dressed. But the vast majority of men had a button down shirt and jacket. I would also not recommend bringing children. There is valet service and abundant parking nearby. It is safe to say that this could be the finest restaurant in Boston.

1  Thank uvabrian
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been here twice so far and I would definitely go again. Once, I had the prix fixe menu and another time, I had the tasting menu. The smaller prix fixe was delicious and less filling where the tasting menu made me so full that I was almost in a little pain at the end! :) But that was my own fault for adding the pasta with truffle course (I can't resist truffles). And the freshly baked croissants were just too delicious as well. And what can you do when the cheese cart comes around. There is a reason that Menton is the only relais & chateaux in Boston.