“Exceeded expectations”
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 3,306 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Monday - Friday.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I really didn't want to go. It was for a friends birthday that we went in a small group. I am sorry I waited so long to eat here. It was probably the best meal I ever ate. The service is beyond fabulous, I felt as if I were eating at a friend's house, an extremely good cook and friend. From beginning to end the meal was perfect in every way. I have some constraints as to some foods I cannot eat and they made special courses just for me so I didn't have to forego anything. The flavors and preparation of each course was executed such that I had a feast of taste, texture and visual perfection. What a treat! I now want to go there for MY birthday!

1  Thank Smaartone

Reviewed 3 August 2014

the tasting menu albeit expensive was sensational. The blend of Italian sensibilty with French farmhouse proteins was excellent. we will be back soon

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had heard that Menton was one of the finest restaurants in the world. Having been to some of them (French Laundry (Ca.), Noma (Copenhagen) Le Louis XV( Monte Carlo), and most of the 5 star restaurants in NYC, I felt safe in choosing it for my husband's special 60th birthday dinner. I cannot say enough about the food and service. It was superb from start to finish. The service is professional and courteous evertyhing is flawlessly executed.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We dined at Menton last night and ordered the Prix Fixe and were underwhelmed. The appertifs, which were cute, were not really that special. The pork had a cutlet that could have been out of a freezer and the texture of the vegetable mixture under the lobster resembled more of the rocks upon which the lobster would sit in the water. The flavors were fine but completely ordinary. My husband had the quail which, while over salted, was actually quite good and perhaps the best part of the meal. Even the desserts did not wow us. The bread selection along with the butter, however, was quite tasty. My table, which between the four of us sampled practically the entire menu, left with a very hefty bill of over $600 but were really disappointed with the quality of the meal.

1  Thank Newtonteacher
Reviewed 5 July 2014

An amazing meal in a beautiful setting with an exquisite staff. We had the 4-course prix fixe menu. Each dish was an intriguing blend of color, texture and flavor. All the ingredients were fresh, expertly prepared and served in stylish dishes appropriate to the contents. The staff was careful, informed and unobtrusive while friendly and helpful. This is one of the best meals we have had in Boston in a long time.