“I now hate my own car”
Review of The Motorsport Lab

The Motorsport Lab
Ranked #10 of 142 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: The Motorsport Lab is an experience agency dedicated to designing and implementing purposeful interactions and engagements through supercars for consumers and businesses. We offer exotic supercar driving experiences in Boston. We employ Ferraris and Aston Martins' as an experience for tourists to get a taste of their dream car. Additionally, we have City of Boston Driving Experience Tours where tourist/visitors can come and enjoy the city while driving their dream supercars.
Binghamton, NY
“I now hate my own car”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A friend and I went to Buffalo on July 27th for the supercar autocross event. We arrived at 9:30am for check-in and the cars were ready to go, and gorgeous. Like many others said, the paperwork was terrifying, spelling out all the costs of damage, but the legalese is mainly there to scare off the psychotics (although if you're an idiot and ignore the sherpas, and then damage the cars, you'll no doubt be selling your organs to pay, waivers or not).

Check-in was a breeze, the instructors were great guys who made it very fun and did a great job passing on advice, and out speeds increased and handling improved with every lap. They were very down to earth and helped make the event even more memorable.

And the cars. Holy crap. I've owned, driven, and been in a lot of fast cars, but the Ferrari Modena and Lamborghini Gallardo we drove (3 laps in each) were in another league. No detuned engines here. The Ferrari was very lively, lots of dive and roll, but held on really well, although we didn't push it as hard as the Lambo due to the higher potential of spinning out and causing damage in a rear-drive car. It was very fast with a lightning-quick throttle response, and did show great ability.

The Gallardo was a monster. I've never driven anything that could carry so much speed through the corners. It drives like a video game - no matter how hard you throw it into a turn, even flat-out, it never put a wheel wrong. It feels like it's welded to the earth - fierce acceleration, brakes that feel like if they were any stronger, you'd blow the airbags in a full stop, and grip for days. And with such an incredible chassis setup and its AWD, your blue-haired grandmother could turn a respectable lap in it. Hell, the sounds of the cars alone were worth the price of admission.

I would, and will, eagerly return for another event next summer. No, it isn't cheap, but these aren't Mustangs or Lancer Evos. You don't see them often, and it's an experience that is completely worth the cost. Where else are you going to be given the keys to cars like these, and then ordered (with instruction on how) to drive them as they're meant to be driven?

Do yourself a favor - hand over the money and do the event. You will not regret it. And get a six-lap package in at least two of the cars. If you're gonna do it, do it for real. I would've left somewhat disappointed had I only done three laps in one of these cars. Buying laps in two is definitely worth it.

The whole thing went off without a hitch - neither of us could be any happier short of them letting us take the cars home. Our instructor, Drew, was great, and if he's there next year I'll request him again.

Side note - MSport 540i now for sale. It doesn't do anything for me anymore. This has ruined me to it, and I'm ok with that:)

1 Thank AF_Devil

Taunton, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was a 65th birthday gift. The paperwork was intimidating and caused some anxiety, especially the waivers. Arrived early asked my questions the staff was professional and helpful. The instructor, Kevin drove a very fast first lap in the Ferrari. I then had my 6 laps to try and match him. His guidance thru the turns was calm, positive and always encouraging. All anxiety was gone by the 6th lap and you couldn't wipe the grin off my face. I highly recommend this experience to all, just don't think you are going to beat the car to death (hence the waivers and insurances), you never get out of 2nd gear and still feel like you're flying. Best experience ever.

1 Thank Stanley S
Eliot, Maine
3 attraction reviews
“Three happy guys!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I gave this as a Christmas gift to my boyfriend who drove the Ferrari, and to my son who had a ride-along in the Lamborghini. My mom gave it to her boyfriend, who drove the Lambo. Let's just say it was very much worth the wait from December until July to have this experience! All three guys left with a glow on, lol! The staff and drivers were organized, friendly and really great at generating excitement and cheers for the drivers/riders. Us chicks are now feeling the "need for speed" and will be going back! Vroooooommmmm!!!! ;)

“A Thrilling Experience!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My instructor started us off with an unbelievably quick lap in the Ferrari! No way I could match it but I had 3 fun laps trying with his calm but precise coaching. I can't wait to go back and try the Lamborghini! Also, I was anxious after reading others comments about damage waivers, contract terms and expectation of a big tip. I just chose the cone/paint damage waiver since that is the most likely damage, and the modest tip I gave was sincerely appreciated. So don't worry - just enjoy the drive!

Carver, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MotorSports Lab Lamborghini Experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a Awesome and Exciting experience! Did the 6 lap with instructor Drew and was truly an epic time. Motorsports Lab are professional and fantastic crew. Drew treated you like he was teaching you how to drive your newly purchased super car. Everyone helped your fears and understanding of these vehicles to enjoy them to the fullest. Do 6 laps with video!

1 Thank Darren H

Been to The Motorsport Lab? Share your experiences!