“Great meal, as always”

Towne Stove and Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Towne Stove and Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #365 of 3,404 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Description: Towne stove and spirits is a warm, welcoming respite in Boston’s bustling Back Bay. It’s a place where all are welcome and the savory scents from our wood-fired rotisserie mix with the hearty sounds of laughter and good conversation. A place where people relax and enjoy steaks to share, lobster done eleven ways and plenty of unexpected culinary surprises from around the globe.It’s a place for special celebrations, power lunches and private parties. A place where our valets take as good care of your car as our servers do of you. It’s a place where life is good. Whether you live in the neighborhood or are visiting the city, our towne is your towne.Conveniently located adjacent to the Hynes Convention Center, towne is open daily for lunch, dinner and Saturday/Sunday brunch.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We've been here a few times, and always had a great meal and good service. On this visit, I had the steak frites - the skirt steak was nicely seared on the outside but rare on the inside (perfect!), and the fries were perfect - with just enough juice from the steak and spices to make them delectable. Service was good, attentive but not overbearing. Overall, a great meal and highly recommended if you are in the Prudential / South Station area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We met some friends here for a Friday lunch. Really good service. Interesting menu - I didn't want to order a tuna sandwich. I tried the house chicken salad (still not very adventurous) - very heavy, greasy, still experiencing it 12 hours later. The accompanying salad was very nice!

Someone at the table ordered French fries with her lunch - like old fashioned French fries. Crispy, not too salty. So good. I would go back just for the fries.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Towne has a great outdoor seating venue . Nice variety on the menu, which did make choosing difficult! Simple preparations of fish dishes appreciated in my group. When I was there it was crowded, but service didn't suffer. Nice solid place for dinner and drinks.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The title of this review pretty much sums it up. The atmosphere is great. Very cool decor and a great bar, but the food and the service was just ok. I went with a friend and we started with the lobster popovers which were very good. My friend and I couldn't decide if we wanted to each get an entree or order a few more appetizers to split, so we asked the waitress if we could hold off on putting in our food order until we got the popovers. Her answer was no and she wouldn't put in our appetizer order until we ordered our meals. Given this odd policy we decided to order a flat bread with brie, caramelized onions, and steak to be polite and then go to another restaurant where we could order a few things to enjoy. The steak on the flatbread was very tough and the flavors just weren't there. Like most trendy venues, Towne puts a lot of effort into atmosphere, but not as much into the food. I would recommend for drinks and appetizers, but if you want a truly great meal with great service you will need to go elsewhere (and there are plenty of great restaurants in Boston so it won't be hard to find!).

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very pleasant atmosphere; tremendous service; excellent dinner. Because there is no loud music and because there is a decent separation between tables, one can actually hold a private conversation with friends. The wine list is extensive. I would definitely dine here again.