“Tasty oysters, amazing service, and funky design sense overall!”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have been hearing wonderful things about ICOB consistently for the past 6 months so decided to check things out along with a celebration of 10 years of marriage with my partner. The oysters we chose were divine and we were happily surprised to see Bristol, RI as part of the choices (where we were married!). The oyster sliders were super yummy, I could have been happy just eating that and the delicious new england clam chowder. Although I loved the quality of the lobster in the seafood saute, I thought that there were too many carrots, an odd filler choice. The restaurant surprised us with custom menus saying "Happy 10th wedding anniversary" along with a date stamp! Overall, I would go back for pre-game meal of apps and wine with a large group, lots of fun!

2  Thank scanna283
Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband and I went here before the Red Sox game on a Saturday afternoon. The setting of this restaurant is amazing - really modern, new, fresh. We started with a dozen oysters which were all amazing. We got 4 Island Creek, 4 Wild Wellfleet, and 4 others ( can't remember offhand). They were all amazing but I would highly recommend the Wild Wellfleet. We also had each an oyster slider, which were amazing. Generally I prefer oysters on the halfshell but this fried little slider was amazing. We also each had some chowder which was good (not amazing but still pretty good) and a side of fries which were great.

We are loyal to Neptune Oyster, which we love just as much, but Island Creek is definitely tied for first place with the best oysters we have ever had. They are served so chilled and shucked so well that it makes them above and beyond most oysters you can get out there!

1  Thank goldengirl217
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Great restaurant. We were looking for a place to get oysters and were pleased with this place. The waitress was very kind and helpful and the food was amazing.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Fantastic! Great meal and service. The space was great, the oysters delicious and the room beautiful. I will be back as often as possible with friends.

1  Thank stork35
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Was in Boston on business and wanted to spend each night sampling some oysters around town. The menu here was just incredible! 12 varieties of.fresh oysters and they were all awesome. Also had the oyster sliders... They were addictive had to stop myself at 4 yikes!! But what was best was the service hands down. We had jill take care of us. Her charming smile amd sweet personality won us over instantly but her attentive and caring service style was genuine. She was honestly passionate about the cuisine and so eager to help in our decision making process she genuinely wanted us to have the best experience possible. thank you for a top notch dining experience - the highlight of my trip

1  Thank Woodloch