“Reservations required....”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,245 Restaurants in Boston
Transit: Kenmore
Boston, Massachusetts
“Reservations required....”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I made a reservation two weeks in advance for a Wednesday night and we still had to sit at a high topped table in the bar area rather than the dining room. This place is very popular and with good reason! The food is amazing. My Mom always goes for the oysters to start and the staff is knowledgeable about the various varieties offered, this time I had an appetizer of smoked trout on yummy rye bread croutons – the perfect accompaniment. My main dish was bluefish with mustard spaetzle and green and hers a trout with potato and chorizo hash….both were delicious. Our cocktails were good, they have many craft beers and a very small selection of wine by the glass. Service was fine, but confusing as we had several different people take our orders at various stages.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston
“Drinks and Dinner at the Bar”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Creative drinks, delicious oysters, soup, a fisherman's basket and some bluefish - as well as some French wine made for a fantastic, impromptu evening with friends. We sat at the bar and had fantastic service the entire evening. The atmosphere is great and it's easy to enjoy the company of your friends.

Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Oysters!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been to Island Creek a handful of times now, and I love, love, love this place! It is conveniently located a few steps away from Kenmore on the green line. While I'm not the most knowledgeable about oysters, this was the place that I fell in love with them. They have 10+ types of oysters to choose from, and the horse radish/champagne vinaigrette they serve with the oysters is also delicious. They also have a tray of hot sauces to choose from, and I highly recommend the gypsy juice hot sauce! It is so good that I even dip my bread in it.

I have also tried the clam chowder here which is pretty good (but not the best in Boston). Overall I really enjoy coming here to get my oyster craving.

• Visited September 2013
“Great selection of oysters!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Went for a Sunday brunch with my boyfriend. They had a wide section of oysters. 'Hama Hama' is the best, creamy and rich, leaves a great after taste. The fish sandwich was also amazing, very crispy and delicate. The restaurant was spacious which would be good for families and large groups.

• Visited November 2013
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
“Oysters, Oysters, Oysters”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

According to my wife, who is the oystermonger in our family, the oysters here are ta-di-fa. There are probably about 15 varieties available at any time, and everyone on the waitstaff knows so much about them that they can match them to your palate.

And there's plenty of excellent food for everyone else, too. I love the fried oyster sliders, the cheeseburgers, the steaks, and all of the seafood dishes (which is really why you'd probably go) are awesome, too.

The décor is wide open and unfortunately that makes it a bit loud, but that's my only complaint.

Visited November 2013