“Delicious food, slow service”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,309 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A group of 7 of us went here for my grandma's 81st birthday, they personalized the menu for her and the food was very good- when it came. Took at least 15 minutes for the first round of drinks and they were all sub par. The server and staff was friendly but it took about 40 minutes after we ordered until we received our food and the side of lobster bisque came out after the meal had already been served and half way eaten. Atmosphere was great and oysters great. Did not enjoy the dinner lasting over 2 hours at 8:30 pm when the restaurant was almost cleared out. If you want to come here- don't make plans following close after.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife, daughter, and I went to Island Creek Oyster Bar in April. It was a great meal. Everything there was terrific. The restaurant is chic and well-decorated. The place was very busy, but the service was efficient and our waitperson was knowledgeable and helpful. My wife and I split a selection of oysters and clams and the Lobster Roe Noodles. My daughter had mussels over risotto. The oysters and clams were plump, grit free, and exquisitely fresh. The lobster roe noodles was awesome. Who would have guessed that lobster and short-ribs would work together but they do. My daughter was in heaven with her mussels and risotto. This is a great place that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys good seafood.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We decide to get dinner here before a Red Sox game. Everything that we ordered was delicious. We each had a salad, after enjoying a wonderful crab cake and the complimentary bread. I had fish and chips and my wife the lobster roll. Both were perfect, good portions.
Our servers were friendly and helpful and we never felt rushed, even as the restaurant grew busier with the dinner rush.
Not inexpensive, but the great quality and service helped offset that.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great dinner spot. Short walk to Fenway. Had oysters,chowder,and crab cakes! My wife had fish and chips. Both dinners very good! Great menu. Staff was great and plenty of choices at the bar. This is a nice place and worth the stop!

1  Thank mike d
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Far larger than I thought it would be, it was in any event a stylish and busy venue. I would suggest that booking is needed. We went on a Wed night and the place was full. Admittedly The Red Sox were playing the Yankees in nearby Fenway, however our arrival was when the game was well under way. Staff were efficient, friendly and informative. We had to start with Oysters, they were really fresh and tasty. We ordered a range but with the best will in the world, other than some being larger than others I couldn't taste any difference. The Clam Chowder was tasty and the special fish of the day was Tilefish. It was a large tranche cooked well and came in a broth. My wife had the Lobster Roll which was full of moist meat and a decent bun. No dessert and to drink we had beer from their good range of Craft Ales. Highly recommended.