Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,306 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were only able to get a reservation at 4:30pm even though I made the reservation a couple weeks before. Appetizers are delicious, especially the oyster sliders and crab cake.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,783)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food was excellent, good choice of wine and beer, the servers were very helpful, and we were able to have long unhurried meal (although we did start late at 10PM, there was no push to hurry and get done). We started out with a variety Oysters which were excellent. The Bluefish was inventive and well complemented by vegetable accompaniment. Wine list was good, picked a Riesling that was very good with the food.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were expecting a wonderful experience because we had read so many positive reviews. So...
The food: we started with calamari and parsnip ravioli both were excellent. And wine and beer were excellent as well.
Pork chops were above average. Shrimp cocktail was fine but Tuna tatare salad was not.
Service: our waitress was clearly just trying to get us out of there. It's very apparent that they want to turn tables. I get it. But we as diners should not be aware of it. She was cold, distant and uninterested until we were paying the bill.
Overall, the place is a factory. It is in a great location which allows for a huge wait.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I took my family of seven people here .Good service and atmosphere but the food was average .Not worth the $400. tab Much better seafood elsewhere.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Liking seafood is always a prerequisite before going to a place like Oyster Creek. The problem you have is not knowing what to select . There are too many good ones in this net6.

The restaurant is in Kenmore Square on the south side of Commonwealth Ave. They take reservations. The one I placed through Open Table resulted in a wait of ten seconds. I love that especially when you are really hungry.

We started with drinks. Great selection of wines and mixed.
Then came oysters that were really grand. Even thought the cook does not have much to do the serving setup was excellent and the oysters were well sized and sweet. Also dove into an order of haddock ceviche. Tasty treat.

Before I get on I would like to say that the the wait staff was excellent. My gluten free wife was no match for our waiter who had an answer and an alternative for every meal That was really appreciated.
Our main courses of scallops or haddock on risotto was oh so good. Desserts were great.

I will be back.