“Great food, good service at the bar”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
New York, NY
“Great food, good service at the bar”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I made a special trek into the city of Boston to try this restaurant and I was not disappointed. Well the parking was a big hassle - only valet available and it is $18. Solo dining at the bar was excellent with the oysters super fresh and delicious. Lobster roll excellent and huge. Good wines by the glass. Would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
“High-end fun and delicious seafood”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Oysters fantastic and the servers know their stuff. But, if they have a fresh catch or local fish offered as a main course - order that too because it is amazing. Oh and the lobster rolls are out of this world. Expensive, but fun vibe, great drinks and superlative seafood.

Visited July 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We showed up early for our reservation, but they still were able to seat us. Since we were early, they didn't start their dinner service - which was ok as we ordered some raw bar items as an appetizers. The oysters and ceviche was great.

The meal started out great, but once dinner service started service went down hill. This could be related to the Red Sox's game letting out. We had to ask twice to get more cream and sugar for our tea. We also didn't get two items we ordered (didn't get charged for them either). Food and drinks were good, but at this price point I expect decent service.

• Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Rude Staff”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have dined out in plenty of Boston restaurants but have to say that the staff here are the most rude staff that I have encountered.
I was incredibly disappointed as I was with friends and was raving about the Duxbury oysters and insisted that we walk to Island Creek. Long walk from Beacon Hill to be treated rudely so we went down the street. Bummer.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jsburg
“Sooooooo goooooooood!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited Boston for 3 days and have dined 2 at this restaurant. Every dish we have ordered was superb. I have been craving for their oysters and all the goodies every day since I have left Boston. Best seafood restaurant in area!!! I would definitely recommend it to everyone and would also want to return there myself!