“Great little dive”

Ranked #4 of 3,404 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the World Famous - Italian Express Pizzeria. Featured on the Food Network's - "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri. We offer the Best Italian Food, Pizza, Pasta, and Seafood in Boston! All dishes are made-to-order from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. We use only the Finest and Freshest ingredients in all of our meals. Enjoy our delicious food by eat-in, take-out, delivery, and catering. We have a beautiful dining room with lively music and a seasonal outdoor patio. We pride ourselves on serving the "Best Food for the Best Value"! Also, make sure you checkout our extensive Drink Menu that includes: Wine, Beer, Sangria, Martinis, Cocktails, and Cordials. We look forward to serving you soon and becoming your new favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria!
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We flew in from Dallas and arrived here just after dark. Very hard to park in this neighborhood. It's tight, and the restaurant doesn't have any parking of its own. Beware. This place is tiny. Probably seating for 25 max. But it's worth the hassle. The pizza really was great, and everyone serving was friendly. The only reason I didn't give it 5/5 is because it took a little longer than it should have. But I could tell they had a lot of to go orders that evening, so they still get props for serving us efficiently. All that being said, I would definitely recommend this place if you're nearby (like the airport), but I wouldn't drive across town just to come here. Great pizza, fun atmosphere, decent service.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

On vacation here. Stopped in for first time. Everything was great! Eggplant Menino was wonderful. Our son loved the spaghetti and meat balls. Good bread as well. You won't leave hungry. The plates are huge.
Great Italian

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Yes, this was one of the best pizzas we have had in a long time! While staying at the Embassy Suites, we wanted an easy dinner after returning to the hotel after a busy day. I found out this restaurant was just a few blocks walk from the hotel. What a great discovery! This pizzeria is tucked away in a residential area and has a small dining room,. but it was a lovely summer evening to sit in their outdoor patio. When we told our server we had walked to the restaurant, he told us to where to walk to a nearby park and see a wonderful view of the Boston skyline across the harbor.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My parents and I have never been to Boston. So we needed to try a local place first. Italian Express was the first on my list and it did not disappoint! Loved it! I had the ravioli with pink sauce and shrimp. Probably the best pink sauce I've ever had. My mom even asked for the Alfredo recipe! So good! Definitely recommend and hope to be back someday.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I travelled from NC to spend 4 days in Boston. During our trip, we enjoyed two fabulous dining experiences at Italian Express Pizzeria. We tried the Frutti di Mare with homemade pasta, the Haddock Margarita with roasted potatoes and my cousin ordered the Chicken Parm with Ravioli (homemade, 4-cheese ravs). OMG, everything was awesome, including the amazing red velvet cake. We went back, 2 days later, to try their world-famous pizza, with a family dough recipe over 100 years old. There's a sign over the door that reads "enter as strangers, leave as friends." It could not be more true. Jonny and Jimmy are world-class guys, who work crazy long hours, cook amazingly awesome food, and enjoy every customer that they meet.....even from North Carolina. We will definitely be back. Do yourselves a favor....GO TO BOSTON AND MEET JONNY AND JIMMY.....they, as well as their food, will amaze you!!!!

Jonathan H, Owner at Italian Express Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Diane,

It was our pleasure having you 2 times at Italian Express Pizzeria. We are happy that you enjoyed everything. Thank you so much for your compliments and feedback. We hope to see you again in the future, the next time you visit Boston.

All Our Best,