“Lovely hotel in Boston city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royalton Suites

Royalton Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Royalton Suites
Ranked #34 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Lovely hotel in Boston city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

We liked our stay at Royalton. Staff was very helpful and the location is great. Very comfortable room with all the modern facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for King Suites on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

We loved our stay at this small and quiet hotel in Boston. We stayed in room number 10 with purple ceiling. Great room with designer furniture. Would stay here again in the summer..:)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Molly G
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Boston with friends. Each couple upgraded to a king suite.
The rooms were nice although there were some issues. Our bathroom was very tiny and the electrical outlet was placed near the floor beside/behind the toilet making it virtually impossible to use a hairdryer. When we complained about it, a power cord with a long extension appeared a short time later which was impressive (all of the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful)
Our bathroom was very tiny and the towels were terrible (small, thin and sparse).
Our rooms were located on the 2nd floor which was great since there is no elevator in the hotel. The downside was that the smell of curry in the hallway from the first floor restaurant was rather overwelming at times (particularly first thing in the morning).
The hotel was in a great location, close to great shops and restaurants.
The biggest drawback was the noise from the street that woke us up each morning. It seems there is trash pick up every day and, on our first morning (which was a Friday) it started at 4:30 a.m.
Overall, it was a nice enough hotel with friendly and helpful service, large rooms in a great location but we will stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king suite and if mobility is an issue, ask for one on the 2nd floor since there are no...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fishoutofwater
Shalimar, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

This place is just an old brownstone converted to hotel rooms. But it has little in common with a real hotel. Let me elaborate...

When I checked in I couldn't figure out if this was an Indian restaurant or a hotel as the entire first floor seemed to be a restaurant with only one small desk as the hotel reception area.

The room has been renovated to be a hotel room but they did a shoddy job. They forgot to work on the small closet as it looked like it was from a tenement. The TV cable box was zip tied to the TV so it was just hanging below it—really cheap look. I had to use two remotes--one for the cable box and one for the TV. The blinds looked like used ones from Wal Mart. The towels were super cheap quality too.

My room was on the 3rd floor with no elevator. My room did not even have a room number on it which made it hard to check out. When I did check out early in the morning, the night clerk was sleeping on a bench with a pillow and blanket and I woke him up!

Worst yet, they charged me the same rate a a luxury hotel. I felt totally ripped off. I mean it really made me mad that I was taken advantage of this way. I would not even stay there for half the price. I really do not like this place at all.

Two positive things: it is in a great location and there was a table outside my room that had a coffee pot and free Nutri-Grain bars. (Yes, that means that there was not a coffee pot in the room.)

I am still upset with this place. I feel completely ripped off.

Room Tip: PIck a low room as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank steveshalimarfl

Travellers are raving about these Boston hotels

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend and really liked this place. The room was big and nicely arranged. The staff were courteous and helpful. The location was great... right on Newbury Street with all the nice shops, bars and restaurants. We were able to walk almost everywhere we went, which was a nice bonus. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorldTraveller3434
Gold Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Don't be fooled by the name, not Suites and NOT Royal!!!! This is a lovely old building which has been cheaply and dangerously renovated. Our door would not close, there was a curtain instead of a bathroom door. No hanging space for dresses, cheap blinds didn't close, water in the sink wouldn't drain. There were tiny black insects flying around, one light bulb kept 'popping' and shorting out, electric sockets hanging off the walls, although newly renovated (!) it was grubby. Bathroom not clean and only two small frayed towels. Staff (when we saw anybody) were the rudest most ignorant we have ever come across (except for the boy who showed us our room, he was quite apologetic). We couldn't wait to leave, the only thing it has going for it is the position, Newbury Road is very trendy, with lovely restaurants, designer shops and close to Copely Square.

Room Tip: Do NOT book this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AussieGC
France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

i booked my room three months before arrivinf in july this year
they took my money in june by credit card and 2 days before my arrival in Boston they said my credit card didn't work (they didn't need it because they had already taken the money)
they cancelled my room the day i arrived because they overbooked at a higher price than mine without warning
to be without a room in middle of july in Boston wasn't so easy
these guys are to be avoided; they don't care about customers they just want money
Unbelievable behavior