“Don't be afraid! Try it today!”

Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 3,231 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Newbury & Dartmouth
Transit: Copley Square (Green Line)
Description: Serving playful, Mexican-inspired food & drink
new york
“Don't be afraid! Try it today!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Yes, it looks like a scary vampire dungeon and yes the music is a bit too loud for a dinner setting but the food and service are amazing!
I was concerned about going in because we were in street clothes but everyone was friendly and the service was stellar.
We had the tres ceviche, pineapple relish chorizo, and lobster enchilada for apps. One better than the next!
I do not think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. For entrees we had crispy chicken tacos, pulled pork tacos and the garlic lime chicken with brussel sprouts---insane!
Very friendly service--she even set up my dad with his beer on dry ice because he likes really cold beer...too funny!
So definitely go and try something new. You can't be disappointed here.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank melissaredhead

• Turkish first
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
“Really strict for travellors!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A lot of people recommended this place for the nightliife so my friends and I went to Lolita. We were 4 friends from Montreal and we had our drivers license and our RAMQ card. Sadly, they never allowed us to take drinks because we didn't have our passports. They told us that we always supposed to bring them with us in boston. Therefore, we went to several places and other places didn't required it. We were really dissapointed....

• Visited August 2014
“Fantastic ”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by my friend who couldn't wait to go back. Awesome service. My other friend who I was with has a nut allergy and our waiter was incredible about it, assuring her that it was safe to eat there. Food was yummy. Get the guac! Good prices too. Would go back in a heart beat.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Sexy Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were given a recommendation to dine here otherwise we probably would not have ventured in. The place is a sleeper with dark interior lite by red lighting, up tempo music and servers in sexy uniforms. Extensive tequila list and lots of great choices for cocktails. Food was very good. Worth seeking this place out.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank rc3
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great atmosphere, $7 all you can eat tacos, and nice staff”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I went to Lolitas with some co-workers to thank them for their hard work and decided to bring them here. I heard that they do $7 all you can eat tacos on Monday and I was not steered wrong. The atmosphere is nice in here with its basement setting with exposed brick and dark red lights. It has a very intimate yet loungy feel to it. They won't sit you unless your full party is there of 6 or more so that was a drag, but they have an open area with couches and stuff in the back that you can sit at and enjoy the food and drinks while the other people arrive. We decided to do this instead of wait for everyone and we had a nice long couch with a table in front for all the good stuff. They bring out all the tacos fillings with beef and chicken taco meet. The tacos were really good and they kept replenishing everything. There is one stipulation. Everyone has to buy a drink, which is expensive, but its still worth it with all the tacos. Everyone seemed to enjoy their cocktail as well as the food and had a great time. I ordered the carafe of Blackberry Sangria and one of Strawberry and they were delicious. They were not strong at all, but I still loved them and glad I didn't have to sober up for the 6AM work call. The staff is really nice although they have nothing but incredibly good looking people which tends to weird me out sometimes. They were all nice, but super hot and wearing barely anything. The guy that served us was very nice and helpful with all the first timers here. I will definitely be returning here for a date or another outing with friends. I definitely recommend coming by on a Monday when they have the all you can eat tacos as it is a great way of spending a few hours without burning a hole in your pocket.

• Visited July 2014