“Twenty Something”

Barlow's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Barlow's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #781 of 3,231 Restaurants in Boston
Transit: Broadway Station on the Red Line or South Station
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Twenty Something”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stopped in for dinner after the boat show. The restaurant is beautiful and the wait staff was very helpful in choosing appetizers and drinks. Everyone had a different dish and all were equally delicious. The only downsize was the noise, we couldn't really carry on a conversation with the other couple without a struggle and repeating all the time. Maybe a different night of the week. The crowd all looked the same twenty something just stopping in after work and it was a busy Friday night. We would go again and there is a public parking lot across the street and if you know Southie, that's like a pot of gold.

• Visited February 2014

Valparaiso, Indiana
“Noisy atmosphere - Food average at best”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was scouting for a decent restaurant, within walking distance of my hotel on Congress. Taking a bit of gamble, but wanting to go out for a walk, I located Barlow's on the south side of 'A' street, about 1/2 way between Broadway and Congress. What I found was a bit of an overpowering bar scene, which overwhelmed the adjoining restaurant. The food was average and overpriced. In summary, I cannot recommend this establishment.

OK to be fair, the team was in the World Series, and the entire city was high on "BOSOX" so to speak. The acoustics of this bar/restaurant are not very good. It was so loud that my ears were actually ringing, I wish that I had taken ear plugs. I ordered a pasta dish, rigatoni, but found it to be average to inedible. It was so noisy that I really couldn't and didn't want to stick around to finish the dish. I just lost my appetite. Sorry Boston, this place just doesn't rate.

• Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Fish and chips are delicious substituted french fries for mashed potatoes .Service is exellent and friendly.Very Clean and they have something different each night for specials .Beers are ice cold and the mixed drinks are delicious.Anything on the menu is good.

• Visited June 2013
new hampshire
“They lie!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

They advertise 1/2 price appetizers, but charge full price if you don't order from their special menu - which is different from the "appetizer" menu on the main menu they give you!!!!!!!!! AND they are not up front about it- instead advertising "appetizers 1/2 off -M-F 4-6"
Also, if you get anything extra which we did with the nachos (ordering chicken), the extra is not 1/2 price (Per the menu: nachos $12 plus chicken $3 = total $15 - BUT 1/2 off =$9. So we got screwed on the first app as it wasn't on the "special appetizer menu", as well as the second one! Wasn't worth the fight with the waitress as she explained (after the fact) that we didn't order off of the special menu -which of course wasn't the one we were given when we came in!!!!!!! Won't be back

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank occasionalgambler
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Very Good Food and Kid Friendly”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We went to Barlow's for dinner while staying in the Seaport area recently. We were looking for a kid friendly place for our 3 and 5 year old and this seemed perfect. We were able to sit outside and had the patio to ourselves. It was early (5:00) but there were several people inside. The outside was very nice and quiet.
We ordered the kids' cheeseburger meal which was big enough for our kids to split. It came with french fries, a drink, and ice cream for dessert. We also ordered a plate of nachos with chicken which were very good and the whole table shared. They were layered with ingredients so every nacho seemed to have something on it. The portion was huge and we weren't able to finish them. My husband ordered the tuna appetizer which he said was very good. It was served over a salad/coleslaw. I ordered the pulled pork soft tacos and they were delicious. The plate came with everything for you to assemble yourself. A pile of creamy coleslaw, 3 soft tacos, and a pepper relish. Delicious and I could only eat 2 before I was full. I had a mango mojito which was also very good, not too sweetened with mango but just enough.
For dessert we ordered the berries with a biscuit and whipped cream which was very good. My son had vanilla ice cream and he said he loved it. The service was excellent and we would definitely go back if in the area again.

• Visited June 2013