“Worst stay ever!”

Ranked #82 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Washington
“Worst stay ever!”
Reviewed 3 April 2008

We booked two nights here based on price and location (my son was touring Harvard) and what a horrible mistake that was! Our room was filthy dirty, loud, stinky and miserable. We had to wear shoes the entire time because the carpet was so dirty. One of the mattresses had some unidentifiable substance all over the side of it, the comforters were stained and stunk, the bathroom had mold everywhere and our window looked out over some dumpsters. Whenever the heat kicked on it sounded like a jet landing in the room. At about 11:30 our first night, a party of some sort broke out next door to us. It sounded like about 40 people in there and their door probably slammed shut literally 50 times that night. It went on until 4:30 am! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I have never written a poor review on any place I have stayed. I'm not a picky traveler by any means. For around $50 more a night you can stay at the Hyatt Place which is like a palace in comparison; its where I'm typing this from right now as we checked out of the Days Inn first thing this morning to avoid having to spend another night in hell! Please learn from our mistake...not worth the price!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — The filth
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
14 Thank dirtykittyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2008

I asked the woman at reservations who booked this room for me about getting from the airport. She told me to take the silver line, then the red line then bus 64. Unfortunately, the bus did not go there and I got dropped out in the middle of no where late at night. Being a young woman, I felt vulnerable and frightened. I had to walk forever hauling my luggage. Two different taxi rides later, I found this decrepit motel. I would never stay here again and the $110 which I paid should have been no more than $40. What a rip-off.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Price, Poor Directions
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank YoungTexasTraveler26

Travellers are raving about these Boston hotels

Maine
Reviewed 29 February 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last year since my daughter moved to Boston. I have always found it clean and well managed. The rooms I've occupied were immaculate, and the furnishings and carpet in both the rooms and public areas appeared to be new. There were never any problems getting them to accept the internet rate at which I generally book. It is true that the property is not convenient to public transportation, which could be an issue for some but was not for me. There is a McDonald's on one side of the parking lot and an IHOP on the other, which is very convenient. I don't think that they even advertise that they provide breakfast, although there is coffee available and sometimes fruit. All in all, I felt it was a very good value for the price, which is almost always less than $100 a night.

• Liked — clean and well maintained; low price
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank jaysmom4285
boston
Reviewed 1 September 2007

This place is Clean, and friendly service. I was pretty satisfied. The sheets where bright white, carpets were clean enough to walk barefoot. And most importantly, the bathroom was clean! I hate a dirty hotel bathroom.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank beantowner2122
Burbank, California
Reviewed 11 July 2007

It's unfathomable to me how a property like this is in the same hotel class as places like the Hampton Inn, a chain that feels a little more high-end than it actually is. This place felt every bit as budget as the price suggests. It's shabby and run-down and desperetely in need of renovation, the beds were uncomfortable, and ventilation in the rooms was basically zip. We were quoted one price but charged another upon check-out. Oh, and did I mention that their "breakfast" package consisted of awful coffee and a basket of apples? You get what you pay for. Even if you go in with the mindset that you're only going to be sleeping there so you don't especially need your digs to be posh, there's nothing comforting about coming back to an ancient, rock-hard bed and a subpar air conditioner. Another minus is that it's so far from the subway, and who needs that in a town like Boston? As for plusses... uh, the room was actually really big. Yippee.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank clapyourhands
Dublin
Reviewed 25 October 2006

Stayed in the Days Inn in Boston preparatory to leaving Boston and heading upcountry to a wedding. The Inn is located a long way from the centre of things and more importantly is not on the T, Boston's excellent public transport system. The result is that one must take a taxi from the nearest T stop which is a reasonable distance away.

There are no amenities near the Days Inn save a McDonalds and an Ihop next door,and the Inn itself does not offer any food facilities.

The room I had was clean and serviceable and I couldn't particularly fault it. However the reception area has seen better days, although still not particularly bad - just a little worn and frayed around the edges. I paid $109 per night plus tax which I thought a bit steep for somewhere like this, but you'll pay that anywhere in Boston.

Boston itself is nice enough I suppose-it's no different to a dozen other cities I've visited - but what I found horrible was the sense of fear and paranoia everywhere one goes. You can't enter a bar or any public building without a passport, and we were informed in one bar that non-US passports were not accepted. A bit of a problem seeing as I'm not a US citizen - essentially this was a US-only bar it seems, a little ironic as it was an "Irish" bar (to an Irish person it was about as Irish as the Taj Mahal) and I am Irish myself. Couldn't even buy a bus ticket without showing the passport. In my experience the US isn't the land of the free, it's the land of the rules and regulations.

Whilst at the Boston General Hospital stop of the T system two Indian doctors got on, still in their scrubs, and began to chat in Hindi, whereupon the man sitting next to me wondered out loud in a worried manner if perhaps they were Muslims. He was a little shocked to hear my negative reply spoken in a heavy non-US accent, but seemed to accept my assertion that they were speaking Hindi and therefore probably weren't Arabs. What he expected them to do if they were Muslim is anyone's guess.

Look lads, not everyone is out to do America harm - to be honest most of the rest of the world doesn't care about you one way or the other. I've done my sightseeing in America, had a taste of your culture, and I am glad to be home in the REAL land of the free.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Far away from anything of interest
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here unless you're stuck or broke!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
Reviewed 11 July 2006

The smell, the stained mattress, the windows that wouldn't open, the rude staff. Stay away, unless they offer you a deal of 39.95. Not worth a penny more.

• Stayed July 2006