“We did not use any facilities or the restaurant, so we...”

Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill
Ranked #63 of 83 Hotels in Boston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 August 2014

While we only had a short stay at this hotel I would highly recommend it. It was affordable, in a great location to access everything in Boston being close to numerous trains lines and it was only 20-30min from the airport via the subway.

To top it off the staff were excellent

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Polly C, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this review, 29 December 2014
Thank you for the review. We do have a great location. We hope to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2014

When Hotwire 'revealed' the Wyndham as my selected hotel, I was not worried because of both the good reviews of this hotel and my good experiences with Hotwire. However, this stay turned out to be a huge disappointment.
I had booked a room for 3 adults (including myself) and my baby (1.5 year) from 8/15/2014 to 8/18/2014. Upon arrival, the person at front desk told me we were upgraded in a larger room to accommodate a roll-in bed for my friend and a crib for my baby. I naively thought that was so nice of them... However, after a long wait in the room (which I concede was nice and clean), while my baby was already sleeping in his crib, I received a call from the front desk saying that they were running out of roll-in beds. the only thing they could do was to provide extra pillows and comforter to sleep on the floor!!! Although we would have accepted to pay an extra charge for a room for my friend, they did not accept to give any compensation or discount (although it was already very late - 1 am or so - and I doubt they got this room booked at the end). They told my friend who is a strong hefty man that a king size bed could accommodate 3 persons... As it was very late and we were all tired and had tried everything we could, my friend finally slept on the floor!

Next day was probably less busy and we were transferred in a 2 queen bed room. Everything was okay except when my turn came to take a shower, I had only cold water!!! Only my spouse and my friend had taken reasonnable showers before me (no baths). This time, the breakfast was offered as a compensation, and the waitresses were the sweetest and most considerate persons of this hotel.

Parking is pricey. But location was ideal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bluegiraffe2014
Thank you for the review. It is disappointing to see the issues you encountered while staying with us. We do hope you give us another chance in the future.
San Bruno, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had arrived at the Wyndham hotel by 8 am, way too early for room check in. However, Patricia at front desk took our phone number and said she'll call us for an early check-in when a room becomes available. We were checked-in by 11am, thank you, Patricia.

Our room on the 6th floor was pleasant and clean but the room size was just a bit on the small side as a double room.

Location of hotel is great! There is a Whole Foods market, a CVS drug store, and a bank just right behind the hotel, exit on the 2nd floor of hotel and walk thru an open parking lot, so very convenient. Two blocks over is the Beacon Hill area with the prestiges residential row houses. Or if you rather not walk, the Beantown Trolley stops right in front of the Wyndham hotel. Sightseeing trolley with multiple stops to hop on/off all around Boston. (Must have repurchase ticket)

Only negative point was the pricey hotel parking fees, but it seems that all parking spaces in Boston is at premium prices.

Overall, excellent location with very good value and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank waccavbirdie
Thank you for the review. It is nice to see how Patrice offered you an early check in for your arrival. That was a nice start to your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.