Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill
US$358
US$331
US$305
2,358 results
All reviewswhole foodsmass general hospitalbeacon hillgreat locationexecutive floorau bon painsliding doorcharles streetvalet parkingminute walktd gardenwalking distanceblue linemini fridgefreedom trailhotel restaurantfaneuil hall
Reviewed 28 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Thomas C, General Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Reviewed 28 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Polly C, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Beacon Hill from 8/22 -8/24 in a Junior Suite (room 523). Check in was a breeze and the hotel room was spacious and updated. There was a walk in closet and a minibar area that had a microwave and small fridge. Also a seating area that had a pull out couch and a coffee table. Our room overlooked the Whole Foods parking lot. The bathroom was small but had a spacious walk in shower and was clean. Bath products were from the true blue spa line (bath and body works). The only complaint I have about the room was the bed. It wasn’t one of those, AHHHHH beds that you fall into, but rather a hard bed. Something that didn’t allow me to sleep through the first night, by the second I was able to get used to it.

We used the pool which is located on the 2nd floor. The pool is big with plenty of seating around it. There is a lifeguard on duty (who was friendly and attentive) and there was a changing area, shower and bathroom at the pool area. There is a 2ft deep section for children. The only thing I would advise is that to get in and out of the pool you will need to use a ladder, there are no “walk in steps” so if you have mobility issues. This may prove difficult.

We went to breakfast both mornings at the hotel and it was delicious. They had the option of a continental breakfast for $11.95 or for I believe $17.95 it would include hot foods with the typical fare of eggs, bacon, sausage, Home Fries and on Saturday there were Pancakes and on Sunday there was French toast. You could also order (included in the price) made to order Omelets (which I did) and it came out perfect. Service was quick and the waitresses remembered us the second morning which was a pleasant surprise.
The Front desk was helpful as well as the valet.

If you don’t to spend hotel prices on food, there is an Au Bon Pan right next door, a Starbucks across the street and a Dunkin Donuts just up the hill. There are also a few takeout places and a restaurant or two across the street. Location wise you are .6 miles walk to the Garden area and the North End, and 1 mile walk to Fanuiel Hall. The State House and Boston Common are also a quick walk up the hill. We had great weather and the walk was fine. At night the cab ride to the North End for Dinner was $6.80 There is a Hop and off Boston Bus Tour that comes to the hotel twice in the morning, I believe 9:30 and 10:30 which is a nice convenience. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you’re staying in Boston but want access to other areas besides Fanuiel Hall.

Room Tip: a room facing the whole foods parking lot has less noise from the street traffic and the MGH (hospital). (odd numbered rooms)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dunksdecafgirl

Dear Dunks Decaf Girl,
Thank you for sharing your experience about our Hotel. We do have an excellent location for seeing the great sights of Boston. I hope that the next time your travels find you in our city you will visit us again,
Cheers,
Tom

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I'm still here! I came here for a week for my Dad's surgery at Mass General Hospital. While the Wyndham is ideally situated, it is so poorly run that it will only add to your stress. The Wifi (which they advertise as free) has not worked since I've been here (now five days). The front desk staff is both unhelpful and downright surly. Half of the channels don't work on the tv and a movie rental is $15.99. There are lots of hotels in Boston, so save yourself some frustration and stay elsewhere. I so wish I had.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear GIgiji,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I was very surprised to hear about your concerns with our front desk staff. This is not our usual standard and in fact our staff is typically very warm and responsive to guest needs. We did have trouble with the WIFI system in the building during your visit. We have since then, completely replaced the system and by the end of 2014 will have a state of the art system available throughout the entire hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay, I hope we might be able to recapture you faith in us the next time that travel brings you to Boston. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.
Sincerely