“wondefull stay in Boston”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Boston
melbourne, Australia
“wondefull stay in Boston”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel in all areas was very restful and they really did go out of their way to make us welcome. Room was great, beds were great, location was great. Breakfast was a great way to start the day and the lobby and dining area was very comfortable. Would go back there if in Boston again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked this hotel without checking TripAdvisor first. When I checked TripAdvisor, I was really worried, though there was no need to be. Our room was ready early, and we received an upgrade at no added cost. The room was renovated and lovely, and of course we got the signature DoubleTree cookies. The staff was very friendly, and the hotel was in a convenient location, close to the T. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Ours had a view, too.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annehyphenmarie
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've been in this Hotel for the second time. First time has 4 years ago. The Hotel is even better now! The gym is very good. The room has the perfect size, is clean and silent. People of the service are very nice. The cust is fair. The location is also very good, near of metro and the central region.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Henrique M
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

You can walk everywhere from this location. too pricey though- a private room at the trendy hostel at the end of the block is cheaper and probably gives you free wifi and breakfast. Double Tree does NOT give you wi-fi or free breakfast and the parking is about 50 bucks a night. Stayed 3 nights and with taxes and parking was about 1000 dollars for a 2 queen bed room. I think the buffet is $14, but I never ate there, each morning we walked to the THINKING CUP and got some STUMPTOWN roasted coffee and an amazing oatmeal breakfast for under $10. YOU DO get to go to the YCMA for free-- which I did one morning- but I walked SO MUCH in Boston I was sore the rest of the trip. I just couldn't believe the parking was SO pricey! -- no mini fridge or anything in the room. HOWEVER the rooms were really nice- updated furniture and bathroom, very clean. A lot of teens were staying on our floor and when they got too rowdy the hotel did take care of that too. So again-- average stay.. no frills.. no extras. -- stayed in MAY. Gorgeous weather.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DTHotel, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
First off, thanks so much for your review and we are happy to you were pleased with our location, on the T and walking distance to the Back Bay, downtown, the South End and the Boston Common. Thanks also for the compliment on our newly renovated guest rooms. Good to know too, that you were able to enjoy a complimentary workout in the YMCA adjacent to our hotel.

As you noted, parking in Boston is expensive, and at the hotel, our capacity is limited. To better manage our parking we offer unlimited in and out valet service for $46 per day. This works well for guests who need frequent access to the vehicle (and avoids the in and out fees of garages). There are also less expensive self-park options on our block, and we encourage guests who do not need access to their vehicle and are looking for a more affordable parking option during their stay to use theses garages.

We love Stumptown and Thinking Cup! However in case you missed it we did want to mention there was a Starbuck’s in our hotel on the ground floor. As with all Hilton family hotels, we offer complimentary Wifi in the hotel lobby, Starbucks, and business center. Wifi is also complimentary for guests who have an account with AT&T or who are HHonors Gold or Diamond members. Also, the Wifi charge has recently been lowered to $5.95 for a three hour connection.

Thanks for staying with us, and we would love to see you again on your next visit to Boston!

Safe Travels,

Dale Johnson
Philly Area
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here for three nights in April. Found the room to be satisfactory, but you pay for everything: wireless, parking, meals. This name brand hotel comes with only a room. The front desk service was disappointing. Checked in early and did not expect the room to be ready, it wasn't. However I had questions on what to do with luggage, time to come back and after my first question it was obvious that the front desk person was finished with me. When I checked in later that day it was not much better. I asked if I was getting a Honors room and was told I was - I didn't. Had to ask for the famous cookie, never offered. Just an overall not great time when I had to go to the front desk. Will find another place to stay next time. For the money charged for a room the customer should be appreciated by the staff, and should receive something - like free wireless, a simple breakfast?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carl949
Port Jefferson Station, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked a reservation with Doubletree for the night of 4/12. My husband and I were seeing Brian Regan at the Wilbur Theatre, and this hotel was in close vacinity. Since we were expecting warm weather that weekend, I called the hotel on the evening of 4/11, to request an early check-in the morning of 4/12. I was told that would not be an issue, and they would put the request in. When I woke up the morning of 4/12 to get ready to head to Boston, I saw a missed call from the hotel. The person I spoke to had changed my reservation to 4/11 (the same day I called) instead of putting in a request for an early check in on 4/12. The hotel then billed my husband and I as "no shows" and cancelled our reservation, leaving us with NO hotel for the night of 4/12. When I called the hotel to express my disdain in them, and their customer service, I was directed to the rudest person I have ever dealt with on the phone. I have truly never been spoken to in such a manner. I was told the reservation was going to be cancelled, yet I just checked our amex bill, and they billed us nearly $400 as a "no show". Thankfully, we have American Express, and I just charged this back. Please do yourself a favor....DO NOT stay at this hotel. They screw up your reservations, and then charge you anyway, with NO remorse! Truly a dissappointment, Doubletree. You should be embarassed of yourselves.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Melissa M
Bristol, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were there to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. Evaldo Pina worked diligently to provide assistance to me prior to our arrival to surprise my wife with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, a cheese platter and a beautiful dozen roses!!! All of his efforts were greatly appreciated and we had a wonderful anniversary.Thank You!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple