“Excellent service at front desk, Albien was very help full.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Hicksville, New York
“Excellent service at front desk, Albien was very help full.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Please try to get parking lot near by , I was refused because I had bigger Van vallet asked $92.00 for parking.

Everything else was fine, even though my room was not avalible when I got there. So I ended up paying at that moment.

Albien was great at front desk.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you need to visit Tufts Hospital, great location. However, restuarant staff very disorganized, not enough food for buffet, servers not helpful to each other. Rest. manager did nothing but hold the floor down. Had to ask hotel staff for the top sheet for the bed. Desk clerk said it was normal to only have a fitted sheet and comforter. Yuck. Hotel charged us for valet and we didn't have a car. Hotel/parking lot is next to a lot of bars so at 2:30 AM it gets too loud with the bars/clubs closing. To give the hotel some credit...nice big rooms. However, would not recommend.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Miami Beach, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently stayed a quick overnight after a missed connection at Logan Airport. I thought I would treat myself to a nice, big bed and a solid few hours of sleep before catching my flight out first thing the next morning. The rooms are big, stylish, clean and comfortable - everything I would expect from a Hilton brand hotel. The WiFi, however, is not free. Paying for WiFi is as outmoded and tacky. They may as well have condom dispensers in the bathroom. I will not go down to the "business center" at midnight to check my email in my underwear like its Orlando, 1995. The big-hitter this stay, however, was the pizza I ordered just before room service stopped at 11:00 PM. It arrived promptly. Too promptly. The entire center of the pizza was uncooked, raw dough. In my tired, un-email-answered and weakened state I had neither the will nor the energy to deal with the staff. I got a few hours of sleep in the oversized but very comfortable bed; though it is difficult to sleep with active yeast from uncooked dough rollercoastering through my intestinal system. I took it out on the immaculately clean toilet in my room. 5:00 AM comes around and it is time for me to be out the front door and inside my waiting Uber taxi. Where am I, you ask? I am at the abandoned front desk going HAM on the bell. When the attendant finally showed up 10 minutes later I realize that I am being unfair. If meditation has taught me anything, it is to not assume others act in malice. I suddenly realize the sweat on her brow. She must have had the pizza too. And as our stomachs churn together in a symphony of bodily angst, my stay at the Hilton Double Tree Downtown Boston comes to an end. The rooms were very nice. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Alpharetta
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with family including two small children. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Great view of Boston financial district.

The location is a big plus. 200 feet to T subway orange line stop (Tufts Medical center). Also same stop for silver line to south station.

The hotel restaurant (Wisteria) serves a worthwhile breakfast with cooked to order waffles and omelets. Only downside is limited seating that spills out into the lobby.

Rooms were very contemporary and clean. No issues.

Front desk was very friendly and professional.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jinsmurf
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is centrally located- only a 20 min cab ride from the airport. Close to many attractions and restaurants. Staff was friendly and always made sure we were comfortable. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were very spacious. I will definitely come back to this hotel during my next stay to Boston.

Room Tip: Won't be disapointed
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CandyceRJohnson
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were with a group of 6500 attending the National SNA conference. Of couse, we filled several hotels - but I must say - the Doubletree Downtown Boston was by far the best value and the best stay. All our friends were impressed with the level of service we received before, during and after our stay.
We spoke with Touriya on the phone a few days before our trip. She upgraded our room, booked several tours for us, confirmed our transportation all about town and called us by our names the entire week!
I stay in hotels a few times a week - and this was a delight to have such great service in all parts of the hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean - the breakfasts were fresh and delicious - and the staff was so great!
Don't be a number - stay where you are the priority. I will stay again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city. Ask to be upgraded to a suite.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed over a Friday evening in July. Easy check in/out, warm cookies, comfortable bed, and hit showers with good water pressure. T stop right around the corner. What more could you ask for! We did not utilize the restaurant or bar. Starbucks located right off the front door. We also did not use the pool or gym located at the YMCA that has an entrance from the hotel. Easy access to the harbor, and conveniently located in Chinatown.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple