DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This location is across from Tuffs Medical facility and right next to the "T" line. Hence getting around the city was easy. Arrived about 1pm, figured would just leave bags for check in later, however they gave us a city view room right away. Touriya was most helpful and tried to get us ready for four days of seeing Boston.

Room Tip: higher the better for view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Listed below are the several comments concerning Surant:
- Polite
- Honest
- Respectful
- Courteous

He provided great service throughout my stay at the hotel. He quickly briefed me of the area and all the activities in the local area.

Great job!

Room Tip: Great shopping in walking distance
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was near the conference I was attending, easy to get to desirable locations--Boston Commons, Newbury Street, several different subway lines. While not having their own facilities for pool and so forth, they were connected to the YMCA which was easy to make use of. Breakfast buffets were of good quality. Staff was friendly and helpful. I was given a room upgrade, so that I had a small refrigerator, which I really appreciated. It's quite quiet if you request rooms away from the side near the hospital.

Room Tip: Rooms away from hospital side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChicagoHjohn
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Arrived after a long flight and the doorman didn't even open the door or help us with our bags. Were given free hot cookies when we checked in, which was nice.
Hotel is nothing special. It has everything you want, but doesn't stand out in any way.
On the second morning of our 3 night stay, the alarm clock went off at 6am. I assumed it must have got switched on by accident by the cleaner, so I set it for 8.30, so that if the same thing happened the following morning, it would go off once I was already awake. However, when I got back to the room that evening it was set for 6am and switched on again. I can therefore only assume that it was deliberately set by the cleaner.
There were lots of tramps around in the evening outside the hotel. Would choose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I must say i was blown away. My husband and 3 year old daughter took a 3 day getaway to Boston while visiting my parents in NY (i live in PR) . When I arrived to the hotel To do checked in I was received byTouriya she was amazing she welcome us very friendly gave my 3 year old a coloring book with crayons, it was before 3pm and my room was not ready but she made it happen smoothly, took out a map and marked all the things fun things that we could do with our daughter plus we got free wifi;)))

The room was nice, clean and spacious and they never go wrong with their cookies!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor, no noise at all just in the morning I heard a construction near by.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel us right in the heart of Boston, so it is a great location. The people at the front desk were very accommodating and helpful! The rooms were clean and nice . Best hotel I've stayed in (granted I've been to about 20+ ever)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Albion and Olga greeted me at the front desk and they were both extremely friendly and helpful. I couldnt have asked for a better set of staff to work with. The rooms were great but the warming and friendly attitudes of Albion and Olga are what will bring me back!

• Stayed: July 2014