Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
XV Beacon(Boston)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscharles streetrooms are smallthird floorgreat locationlovely boutiquepublic gardenscozy roomcharming hotelexploring bostonstayed two nightscomplimentary breakfasthome away from homecommon areasfreedom traila wonderful staydistricttiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro brings out the best Boston has to offer. The best location -Charles Street is truly lovely- and the central location is ideal for sight seeing.
My accomodations at Beacon Hill were perfect. I felt at home rather than in some sterile run-of-the-mill hotel. All the amenities, from the furniture to the bathroom to entertainment system are up to date.
I'm so happy to have found this gem of a hotel. I'll be back with out a doubt, and to anyone who plans to visit, dont miss sunday brunch- its to die for!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jenna H
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I came across this hotel on an earlier trip to Boston this year. I enjoyed Beacon Hill so much (and Charles street in particular) that I decided to give it a try, and I am truly happy I did so!

I stayed in the smallest room, and though it s indeed small, it is by no means claustrophobic (there were 2 windows), you could perfectly move around the double bed, and it was cleverly designed enough to include a tiny closet (with ironing board and all) and a desk. The bathroom was sizable enough to what you would find in bigger hotel rooms. All in all, size was adequate for a single person or a couple without much luggage.

Everything was spotless clean and the bed was very comfortable. And for Boston cold weather, the heater (room and bathroom) worked perfectly, and you instantly got hot water (I wish I had that at home).

Location is of course perfect, one of the quaintest streets in one of Boston's prettiest (and wealthiest) neighborhoods. The street is lined with small restaurants and shops, and is walking distance to Boston's main attractions and shopping. Last but not least, the hotel restaurant serves delicious food, as attested by the locals who fill the place from breakfast to dinner.

The staff is friendly, attentive and ever helpful, which only adds to the feeling that you are staying at a good friend's place in Boston rather than in a hotel. If this is the experience and service you are looking for, you will definitely enjoy your stay here. I am craving to go back, and hope the weather will be (at least a bit!) nicer than last weekend's odd storm.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor and there was few noise coming from the street. Elevators go only until 3rd floor (there are 5), but the staff helps you with luggage.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Lune14
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Everything was impeccable: the cleanliness of the rooms, the location of the hotel, and the wonderful views. The food and the staff were immensely courteous and made our stay that much more enjoyable. I used to live in Boston and while nothing compares with a home, the BHHB lends itself to be a home away from home. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I just recently completed my second stay at Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro and it will not be my last! I often visit Boston as I lived there during my college days. Since graduating, I no longer live in the city so I thoroughly enjoy my visits to Boston and try to go as much as my work allows me. After trying some average hotels scattered throughout areas like Back Bay and the South End, I decided to try out BHHB. My search ended here. This place was the best! Their cozy and quaint rooms make you feel like your in the comfort of your own home. But probably their strongest attribute had to be the attentiveness of the staff. While I am familiar with Boston to an extent, they were very willing to help me with any additional questions and references to good places to dine out. One night when I wasn’t in the mood to go out, due to the infamous Boston weather, I tried their Bistro for the first time. And the food was delicious!!! I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place with true Bostonian charm in the most convenient of locations.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Regina C
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My stay at the Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro was exactly what I hoped for! The location was absolutely perfect for where I wanted to be. The hotel is close by to some of Boston’s best features, like the Commons and the Theatre District. Also, the neighborhood has an old town charm to it that is reflected in the brick buildings and the streets lit by gaslights.

While the room was very comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating, my family and I found that the highlight of our stay at Beacon Hill Hotel was in fact the bistro. We had a spectacular dining experience each time we went in; the food surpassed expectations. I fully recommend others choose the Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro for their Boston getaway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family