“Best Find in Boston!”

Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro
Ranked #70 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Right before moving to Boston, I wanted to spend a weekend in the city learning my way around before having to worry about all of the moving hassles. This hotel was in the most perfect location, and could not have been more accommodating! The staff was so friendly and gave me great recommendations of what to see and do around the city, all of which was just a short walk or subway ride away from the hotel itself. I loved staying here since it is a boutique hotel, I felt like I was almost staying in a home with the adorable decorations and charming atmosphere. I definitely feel like I really got my money's worth. I have to say that the best part of the hotel is its restaurant, The Bistro, that is located right downstairs. I went for both brunch and dinner, and enjoyed every single thing that I got. All of the dishes are so unique; I cannot wait to come back to the restaurant with friends now that I have my own place in Boston. Overall, the hotel was very clean, quite, and quaint, and there even is an adorable little rooftop deck that is perfect for relaxing and taking in the charm of Charles Street. I without a doubt would recommend this hotel to anyone that I know visiting Boston.

Room Tip: Every room in the hotel is unique. All rooms are quite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The location was excellent, not even a block from Boston Common and the Public Gardens. Easy walk to a few different subway stations. It was a beautiful part of town, very charming with brick sidewalks and gas lamps lining the streets. So many beautiful old buildings turned into resturants and shops. We stayed in room 202 which faced the street. Traffic or street noise was not a problem for us during our stay. It was the perfect size for 2 people. I liked that the windows opened and you could get fresh air while looking out into the park. The room and bathroom were updated and clean. There was a rooftop patio which would be a nice place to have a drink or relax and read. We got free breakfast with our stay and it was AMAZING!! This is not your crappy continental breakfast, you order off a menu. It was delicious and well presented. I had the french toast one day and it was yummy!!
Parking is available 1 block away in the Boston Common parking garage for approx $28 per day which is way cheaper than most hotels charge for valet parking.
We would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Room 202 is a corner room facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waslka21
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This little place sits at the foot of Beacon Hill area and is classy and quaint. They had a very nice selection of organic foods. Our salad of heritage tomatoes, blue cheese chunks and greens was delicious, but the grass-fed beef hamburger was outstanding; this comes with fries and can easily be split between two people.

The atmosphere is lovely, the food delicious, and the location is right off the public garden: a great place to take a break from the crowds.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Never-Lost4good
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The location was perfect for easy access to many of the subway lines. We appreciated that there were a great number of well reputed restaurants on Charles street alone. Everyday the staff was helpful and friendly, which automatically makes a trip that much more enjoyable. The rooms were on the smaller side, but they made use of the available space very well and they were well maintained. Take advantage of the free breakfast. You won't be sorry! We look forward to visiting soon.

Room Tip: Choose room 305 if possible. Best combination of the bustling action of Charles Street and relaxati...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karla K
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A small, cozy neighborhood spot! The staff are welcoming, friendly and willing to accommodate you in any way possible. I stayed here for my birthday weekend in May, and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The hotel is in a quaint location right on Charles Street (there is even a rooftop patio!) The AC worked great and my room was charming with large windows overlooking the street. Conveniently located downstairs is the Bistro...which was amazing! I went for Brunch with a couple friends and got the French toast with cider braised apples and spiced crème fraiche. It was delicious (I've had similar French toast at Paramount across the street, and these are 10x better for around the same price). My friends got the smoked salmon dish with dill potato salad and the roasted pepper frittata- all equally as delicious! I would highly recommend BHHB for both dining and lodging… it remains one of my favorite spots around Boston, and I continue to go here when I have the chance. The food, people, rooms, and overall atmosphere are truly unrivaled.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Visited beautiful Boston over the weekend and discovered the Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro, a small boutique hotel on Charles St in the fashionable Beacon Hill section of Beantown. Rooms are smaller but so is the room rate in a town known for very expensive hotel rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Quality full breakfast was included. Great top floor deck( third floor) to rest after touring nearby Boston Common and the world famous Public Gardens. Hotel has a bistro restaurant and small bar. Overall, compared to the many large big box hotels in Boston this small hotel exceeded all expectations especially if you do not need a big hotel room.

Room Tip: We had a Charles St. facing 3rd floor room but did not have a problem with late night city noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice little Hotel, friendly and competent staff, average rooms, but clean. The worst for my trip (business trip) was the unacceptable Wifi quality. I spend most of the time in the bathroom because that was the only place I could get some signal. For my stay it was overpriced. Seems more appropriate for $150 to $200.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business