“Misleading Newbie in Town- Boston Chocolate Walking Tours” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boston Chocolate Walking Tours

Boston Chocolate Walking Tours
Ranked #111 of 138 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Tapping the best local expertise we curate information rich, entertaining, eye-opening tours in cities all over the world. Whether you're visiting a new city or have lived their for years, our curated range of walking tours, food tours, and private vehicle tours are here to help you truly understand and appreciate the place you are experiencing, to see it through a fresh pair of eyes, and change your perception. So whether it's just some sightseeing you're after, or you want to delve deep into the food culture, we've got you covered.
Farmington, Missouri, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Misleading Newbie in Town- Boston Chocolate Walking Tours”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

A lot of people may confuse this "newer" company with Boston Chocolate Tours and Workshops. THIS IS NOT the same company. If you deal with this company expect meager samples with a sprinkling of chocolate history. All in all the tour was fun, but even my mom agreed, the samples were very sparse and it felt like we took part in something we could have easily arranged for ourselves. If you paid full price for one person, you were looking at $40.00. I definitely wouldn’t recommend this tour for the price, or if you’re expecting lots of samples. For even half of that you could go to all these places and gain a much higher amount of chocolate. I’m also willing to bet you could ask the staff at each of the locations and get the same information. I did say as much on their Facebook page and got a very prompt reply back from Valerie their CEO. She gave me two free tickets to go on the tour again. Kind of lame if I didn’t like the tour the first time around. You can read a more upbeat review here: http://eatyourtarteout.com/2012/09/13/boston-chocolate-walking-tour/ but definitely go seek out Boston Chocolate Tours and Workshops.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kat W

Swampscott, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A truly sweet experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

What a wonderful way to experience Boston's fantastic Newbury Street area. I had heard about the street but had not made it down there yet. Our guide, Ally, was personable and fun. She gave a great presentation about each store, and the history of chocolate. The stores we visited were an eclectic mix of chocolate experiences, ranging from top of the line Swiss chocolatiers to funky local corner markets and food trucks. The samples were delicious and plentiful!

Visited August 2013
Palm City, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“WOW!!! Great fun...a must do...yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Spent yesterday touring various delicious chocolate shops along Newbury Street the local area.
We sampled chocolate at each of the locations and at some were offered quite a few selections!
Along with the yumminess, our tour guide gave us the history of chocolate and a few tid bits of
Boston history. I'd highly recommend this tour..it was great fun.

Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good info and variety of tasting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We all enjoyed the tour and background information about the shops we visited. Our guide was knowledgable, open and friendly. Great way to find interesting shops in Boston.

Visited July 2013
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Eh, I've had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We bought a Groupon to do this tour. It was just okay. I've done cooler things and learned more. It's a cute concept. Our tour guide, Chelsea, was enthusiastic and handled the group well on such a hot day. We stopped at some places I was surprised about (DeLuca's Market and Pinkberry), but we still got to sample, so it was okay. Crowded, because you're with the general public too, but okay. The last stop was cool - that's where we bought all our chocolate. They also give a 15% discount, where no other store did that. There were chocolates from all over the world. I tried some pieces I never would have if I didn't go on the tour, so that was cool. But I didn't feel like this was a 'wow factor' type of tour. The stores are close, so there is not that much walking, until the last stop. Glad I did it, would not do again.

Visited June 2013