“Smooth and classy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 83 Hotels in Boston
robinsville, nj
“Smooth and classy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was accompanying my husband on a business trip, so I took advantage of the nice things, like breakfast in bed and the nearby art venues. Everything was perfect and made me fall in love again with Boston (and who doesn't appreciate a white-gloved elevator attendant?).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Indonesian first
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

From my pre-arrival correspondance to my actual arrival, the staff at the RC Boston made for a wonderful trip. Its location is perfect for leisure and business, right in the middle of the City, a stroll away from the Freedom Trail, shopping and commercial sectors as well as right opposite the common. All the staff I encountered were polite, welcoming and courteous.
The Club Room was fantastic, with warm and engaging staff, happy to help.
The RC refer to their staff as 'Ladies and Gentleman', it is evident this is more than a mere title, but a reference to the wonderful manners and grace which they display in abundance.
If you're slightly concerned that a RC hotel may have a 'stuffy', older atmosphere, please drop that concern in an instant. The atmosphere is one of modern luxury, with staff who are engaging and happy to help. Moreover, the decor of the hotel is perfectly chosen to represent a contemporary 'New England', which perfectly caters for all.
I couldn't recommend this property enough - it was a perfect choice for my brother and I, and we'd go back in an instant.
I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I'd go for a Club Room. Free wifi, food and drink offerings and a peaceful place to relax.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DerbyBob
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a deluxe room at the Ritz for my daughter's 16th birthday present. We were both very impressed with the hotel and front desk service. The room was exactly as advertised. Later after check in, one of the front desk ladies came to out room to deliver a special treat (cupcake and chocolates) for my daughter. The next day even though we had to check out, they were able to keep our bags for us so we wouldn't have to carry them around while sightseeing. Breakfast at the bistro was delicious. Thank you for making my daughter's birthday memorable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MsOliviaB, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your memories of The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common. We are thrilled that your stay created a lovely birthday celebration. We look forward to hosting more unforgettable events for you in the future.

Olivia Brown
Wilmette IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family of 5 spent three nights at the hotel. From the doormen, to the front desk staff, to the concierge, to the housekeeping, all were truly exceptional. The location, newer rooms and bedding are A+. The club level offerings and staff make it the ultimate Boston hotel!

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank Mwittil
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Pouring rain as I arrived with my wife and daughter and watched the doorman talk to a driver in a lemo. As our luggage got wetter, I not only had to unload our cab, but open the door for us as well. The conciergie greeted us and apologized for our troubles. In our stay we were never greated by name or had the front door opened arriving or departing. We waited as the doorman talked friends or drivers hanging out by our hotel, when he claimed to be getting us a cab. After a 10 minute wait the first time and the repeat behavior the second, we walked a couple of blocks and found our on. On exit we had to drag our luggage the same blocks to get our cab. I have stayed at the Ritz in several countries as well as several in the United States, and never had this experience. We stayed on the Club Level, everyone there as well as the amenities were top notch as they always are.
But you only get one chance to make a first impression, this hotel fails because the front desk would give us strange looks when we asked why the doorman was always too busy to greet or get us a cab.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MSW37601
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was at the Ritz in Boston for the past 5 nights for vacation. It is unique in that they only occupy 4 floors in a Ritz Carlton residence building. There is a full LA Sports Club one can use, and it is right across from the Commons, very well located.
The Club floor service is amazing, and they cannot do enough for you in the Club.I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for luxury in Boston.
There is only one restaurant and bar and a very small lobby, but all in all it lives up to the Ritz Rep!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank docskin
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Like many Ritz Carltons in major cities, this one is almost always booked. My husband stays here for business about a dozen times a year and every now and then I visit with him. I love the location and proximity to downtown, and the ability to enjoy the in-house amenities such as 24 hr. in room dining (which is rare these days) and the wonderful wine list at the bar...I'm a bit of a wine snob for sure and they don't disappoint.

The service has always been very good, but imagine my disappointment when I spend 30 minutes on the phone with Ritz-Carlton reservations in an attempt to use one of our club level upgrades for our upcoming stay. Since my husband is there on a corporate rate I was told that we could not use our upgrade. Understandable but disappointing nonetheless.

Well thanks to Meaghan and Tamara hearing about my patience in trying to use our upgrade, they have made a one time exception for us.

Mind you while I expressed my disappointment with the booking manager during my phone call, I didn't not attempt to follow up by complaining up the food chain. MEAGHAN AND TAMARA WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO LOOK INTO OUR SITUATION AND WENT THE EXTRA MILE TO KEEP A RETURNING CUSTOMER HAPPY.

It takes a lot of effort to follow up for one customer, but I don't often take the time to write reviews unless I feel I have something important to add to the conversation. To me it's incredibly important that the folks at the Ritz went out of their way to reach out to us.

I have always liked this property and the the staff and service have always treated us well, but this to me is what sets this property apart - if someone is unhappy they will go the extra mile to do something if they can.

Thank you so much Meaghan and Tamara - it's so rare to be impressed by people in the service industry these days and you definitely did that for me and my husband!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business