Best Western Plus Boston Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,416 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceroundhouse suitesfree shuttlewaffle makermedical centerthe breakfast areabreakfast stafffree breakfastmass avefront desk staffhotel shuttlelight sleeperliving roomsitting areayogurtt stationpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I actually spent two different visits between 26 Sep 2013 and 14 Oct 13 at this particuliar hotel. A total of four nights were spent in the Roundhouse. Once you see these wonderful building, you can just tell that your visit will be at least interesting. I accidently discovered this jewel after 2 years of research. We wanted to stay in the Back Bay area, but I could never seem to find a decent place for less than $250 a night. I knew our fall timing just meant another $50-$100 a night. By pure accident, I discovered this hotel why doing a search in Cruise Critic boards. I wanted a great platform to see Boston without having to exhaust my savings. We actually planned our cruise with one day ahead of port departure and three days upon our return. The first thing I had to do about 30 days prior to our arrival is email their Airport transportation service.It was not difficult and we were charge $10 per person for a easy pickup. The driver picked us up right outside the door from our checked baggage pickup at Boston Logan. Once at the hotel, we discovered a resistence to check us in early. We understood because of new mangement that they were just abiding by rules. If rooms were available, the staff went out of there way to place the guest. Unfortuately, we had to wait a hour or so in the lobby for our suite room on the 6th floor. At first being weary from traveling since 5AM got on my nerves, but the staff seemed sincere and entertaining. Our first room number was 617 which ended up to be very noisy due to the construction going on on that particuliar side of the building. The room consisted of a sitting room with couch, desk, fridge and microwave, a sleep room, and a large bathroom. My wife was extremely pleased with how the furniture blended with the roundness of the building. My take is we had plenty of room to repack our luggage and move around without tripping over each other. Our return room was number 615 and guess what not a peep was heard except for a emergency vehicle every once and a while. A lesson learned for eating within the local area is walk across the street and eat at the pizza place. It served wonderful meals from great sandwiches, fish dinners, and many wonderful various choices of food. We ended up eating there as our main choice for four days. One our second visit to the Roundhouse, we felt more comfortable actually seeing the sights in Boston. The hotel provides free transportation to close subway stops and also the Prundential shopping complex. This was extremely convienent given the high cost of taxis. I have usually regretted staying in pre & post hotel during many of our past travels. But thank goodness we were pleased over our selection to the Best Western Plus Roundhouse of Boston.

Room Tip: If you are a Best Western Awards customer, ask for suite 615.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GMroundhouse, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear ramrod7,

I am so glad you did the research and found us! It was our pleasure having you stay with us. I am glad we were able to check you in early as October is our busiest month.,,,the start of the fall leaves changing in New England.

We are a great convenience to the port cruise as our complimentary shuttle takes guests and picks them up upon return. Many cruise guests stay here the night before and after their cruise.

Thank you for choosing us as I know you had many choices!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you want to stay a hotel in Boston with free parking, Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites is the place, short distant to drive to every place with a easy highway entrance. The only walking distant place to visit is Boston Medical Center. The hotel is well maintained and clean. The bedroom is small, but comfortable. You can relax in couch or work on the desk in the living room. The room has a microwave and a refrigerator, which is convenient if you stay for few days with some food. The hotel complimentary breakfast has many selections, hot or cold. The only problem was the noise from traffic. My room was facing Mass. Ave. with sound of car passing all night long. If you are a light sleeper like me, you may not sleep well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GMroundhouse, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Jenny 201110,

Thank you for the four out of five stars! I appreciate you writing such a nice review. Indeed, the microwave and fridge are definitely a great amenity when staying for a few days. The staff and I work hard to provide excellent guest service and I appreciate you recognizing that hardwork.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very comfortable rooms and amenities available,except for distance from the main attraction sites. Would have been nice to have access to the shuttle at later times on weekends instead of having to walk back to the hotel for over an hour from the downtown core. Great breakfast, would have liked a bit of meat at some point. Variety of cereal and coffee available all day is always a plus!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank JourneyDawn715

Dear Sophia B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as your feedback is much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Bublitz

Reviewed 1 November 2013

In planning our first trip to Boston and New England and after an intensive search on the Internet, we chose to book a two night stay at the Roundhouse Suites. Compared to most of the hotels in Central Boston the rate was affordable and there was on site parking with no charge for valet services to park our rental car.
We had a suite on the 5th Floor that was small, but provided an area to lounge and watch TV or read separate from the sleeping area. We appreciated the amenities such as the HD - TV's in both rooms, free WiFi, a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel appeared to be well cared for, was clean and the bed and linens were great. The breakfast was only average and the area was crowded.
All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The slightly remote location really did not pose a problem for us. The free shuttle took us to the core area of the city to catch one of the trolley tours. When we were done touring we made a call back to the hotel and were picked up after a brief wait. As commented by other reviewers the area around the Roundhouse Suites is a little rough. While we would not want to wander around late in the evening, we felt comfortable enough to walk about 1/2 mile after sunset to the restaurant we selected and back to the hotel. We encountered no problems.
We highly recommend this hotel and will stay there on our next trip to Boston.

1  Thank Gaboon

Dear Gaboon,

Thank you for four out of five stars and taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

The free parking is definitely a benefit when staying in the city and many guests enjoy our complimentary shuttle.

We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

They offer a discount if you're having a procedure and staying overnight; the room was very clean and the staff pleasant. There was a well lit outside lot. No extra charge for parking. It was literally right down the street from BU Medical Center and coffee was available even though we left at 5:30 a.m We left before breakfast so I can't rate the food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GMroundhouse, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Virginia D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I know if you had to be at Boston Medical your time is valuable. I hope everything is ok.

We do offer medical rates and I appreciate you letting people know. Hope to see you again when you can visit under better circumstances.