“My Stay”

Best Western Plus Boston Hotel
Ranked #74 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Good location, courteous staff and clean rooms and ever ready shuttle bus for free within 2 miles radius. Walking distance to South Bay mall and Boston Medical centre. The Quality and verities of breakfast must be improved as most times the food got finished before the official closing hour.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
John W, Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! I am glad you were able to enjoy your hotel stay and guarantee that when you come back you will enjoy a fully staffed breakfast that will leaving you wanting nothing more.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Boston Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We used hotwire.com to get this hotel at a decent price as we were college shopping in Boston and only needed one night. It is not near the center of the city but it is very close to the Medical Center.
I will say it is a bit dated but very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were too.

They give a pretty good free breakfast but get there early as there was very little left by 9:00!

Hello Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our your experience at our hotel! I am glad you were able to enjoy the beds and pillows - it's hard for us sometimes to not plop down and experience what you guests get to! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Let's start with the pros....convenient location, free shuttle service and big rooms.

The cons.... ugly location, no security for cars, never enough food to accommodate the breakfast crowd, rooms are not made up during your stay, just clean towels left in bathroom.

Would I stay here again? I guess if this was the only place available I would - otherwise I would try somewhere else in the city.

Hello Deb,

I apologize if we were not able to exceed your expectations while you were here. I would happy to discuss the "con" events of your stay with you, in an effort to help make it right. I can be reached at 617-989-1000. I do thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Located at the junction of I93 and I90 the hotel is easily accessible from all directions. Good access to local transportation and the hotel runs a shuttle. It's unique round structure makes for interesting suite layouts - not "the box"! Staff has always been pleasant and well informed about the area. Off-street parking downtown is a plus. Have stayed there several times and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEFFREY H

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you were able to enjoy your experience and we here at the hotel LOVE the fact that you are helping to spread the word! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Although the interior of the hotel is pretty pleasant, the surrounding environment was frighteningly terrible. The hotel is adjacent to a gas station (which you must walk across to access the hotel from the parking lot) and a funeral home, and in the evening the area was filled with people who did not make it seem safe. Service was average but the staff seemed to talk amongst themselves about hotel problems in plain hearing of guests. Parking was also a major problem. For the sake of safety, security, and comfort, I would not recommend this hotel at all.

2  Thank Valerie W

Hi Valerie,

I was sorry to read you had such a negative experience at the hotel. Unfortunately we have no control over the area - or the perception of - where the hotel is located. We do strive to do the best, we apologize if we didn't meet your expectations.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel is located within walking distance to three subway stops and is therefore quite convenient. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Parking is available on site at no additional cost. Breakfast was sketchy as not all items were readily available. A shuttle service is available to several locations but make sure you have clear knowledge of where the pickup will be as it can change.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! I am glad you were able to take in the city due in small part to our proximity to the subway! I apologize for your breakfast experience - I promise when you come back you will experience a fully staffed breakfast experience that will leave your stomach full! Thanks for taking time out of your day to pass your words along!

John W

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Room that I reserved 5 months earlier was "given to someone else" according to staff at desk. The room we were given instead required me to sleep on the pullout sofa-bed, which was worn-out and very uncomfortable. In addition to not having the room I requested, breakfast was gone by 8:30 each morning and guests actually got into a fist-fight over the extremely limited shuttle seats available. Add to this the sketchy location, with a medical center on one side (ambulances) and a truck terminal on the other (air brakes), and I will never choose this location again for our trips to Boston.

1  Thank Leslie C

Hello Leslie,

I apologize that your experience at our property was not up to your expectations. Overbooking is never a fun bridge to walk across - I apologize that you had to go through that experience. If you would like to discuss your stay with me I would be happy to speak with you - I can be reached at 617-989-1000.