“Always stay here when in Boston”

Best Western Plus Boston Hotel
Ranked #70 of 83 Hotels in Boston
St. Paul, MN
“Always stay here when in Boston”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The staff, rooms and quality are fantastic for what you get! Highly recommend it. Shuttle service can't be beat! And the free breakfast each day is really good too. The front desk staff were very helpful anytime we needed to go anywhere, and you don't always find that at every hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

John W, AGM at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your response! I enjoyed reading your review and seeing that multiple departments were able to assist you and make your stay the best! We hope to see you again soon!

AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This was the perfect hotel for my family of 4(2 girls ages 8 and 11).
The rooms were clean, came with fridge, we each had our own bed and there was a living room area with couch. The breakfast buffet in the morning was great--eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, pastry, juice, hot choc for kids, the list goes on and on!! It wasn't too far from tourist area, we took Uber and it was only about $7!
Plus the free parking was a major plus!!!!!
I wish I could pick this hotel up and take it with us to every stop of our 24 day road trip!!!!

Stayed July 2014
John W, AGM at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Jen,

Thank you for your review! I appreciate that you took time out of your road trip to review your stay at our hotel! Our breakfast team will love to hear you boasting about their selection. Hope you and your daughters love your vacation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very nice and convienent place to stay. Breakfast was yummy to start your day off. Pillow on bed were really comfy. staff very friendly and helpful. Love the idea of parking in a safe parking area. I will be staying at this hotel frequently due to my daughter starting college in Fall 2014 & I would need a place to sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

John W, AGM at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi Traveler,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience here with other travelers. We look forward to hosting you while you visit your daughter at college over the next few years!

Toronto
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not exactly the friendliest hotel in town, I found the front desk staff not that friendly or helpful and to try and get them to smile was a real challenge, this seemed to be most shifts.......maybe its just a Boston thing, a lot of reviews seemed to find them friendly but I guess I was there at a bad time, the only ones I can really say were friendly were the breakfast staff. My room was nice enough, sitting area, bedroom and bathroom and had enough space although the closet is a little small if you intend to stay for a length period, it was equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee and tea and two T.V's. You are a little off the beaten track here but the hotel does supply a complimentary shuttle bus to take you around local areas but don't count on them giving you a set time, tried that and always ended being about 45 mins later, even when you called and they said 5 mins away it was still a half hour. Hotel has no bar or restaurant and it is about a 10-15 min walk to find somewhere that is respectable and also overpriced ! They do provide a complimentary hot breakfast which just about has something for everyone. Hotel is located close to hospitals so the big downfall is you hear emergency vehicles going all night, nothing they can do about it but it still sucks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
John W, AGM at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our property. I was sorry to read you weren't able to experience the service that many other guests have shared about - if you would like to speak further about the details of your stay I would be happy to talk to you. You can reach me at 617-989-1000.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We chose this hotel for its good price and were very pleased with our selection. Although the hotel is not located close to the main tourist attractions of Boston, there is a free shuttle service to the city core. Our room was clean and well appointed with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was good and the wait staff in the breakfast room were very obliging and helpful. An added bonus was the free parking!!

There are restaurants in the area: McDonalds is across the street. Olive Garden and Applebee's are in a shopping plaza down Mass. Ave. - a 15 minute walk.

As we arrived by car, we were pleased that the hotel was easy to find ...just off I93. When we departed, we took 93 south to Cape Cod and found the access easily.
Negative points: the hotel is situated in a light industrial area and there is a lot of traffic noise, especially sirens as it is located near some large hospitals. That being said, we walked in the area and felt perfectly safe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
John W, AGM at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Joanne,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your stay at our property! I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary amenities such as hot breakfast and free shuttle service to the subway! We will be renovating at the end of the year so please keep in touch for updates - noise levels from the street will be addressed!

Baltimore
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I just was NOT impressed AT ALL with this hotel. It did however serve its purpose for the one night that we spent in Boston on business. It wasn't the best stay, but it wasn't quite the worse. It is conveniently located on Mass Ave., the one bedroom suite was spacious enough I guess, and parking is free..its close to CHEERS bar... After that...that's all I really have positive to say. We were there on business for one night. I'm glad because that's about all I would be able to take here! Where do I start? Hmm...the extremely NOISY intersection and Bostonians obsession with aggressively and constantly using their car horn ALL DAY and NITE LONG...the ring around the bathtub, trash in the trash can in our room when we arrived, the old sofa in the room that smelled like sex which made u NOT want to touch much of anything else, the power plugs didn't work in the bathroom, the cheesiness of the makeshift closet being tucked behind a shower curtain (R U SERIOUS...TACKY) the pricetag of $231 bucks fo this crap, 3 phones in the "Suite" and only 1 worked and the one that did was in the Living room so when the "wake up call" came...we couldnt hear it, the temperature has to be on either deep freezer or hell no in between, the dingy, stained towels, the scary, dimly lit, small, cramped FREE PARKING area, the fact that they served cereal for breakfast and ran out of milk and then went the tacky route of running to the gas station across the street to get more milk (pouring milk from the carton on ur cereal..(.Hmmm maybe I don't want ur hands over my cereal...How bout I want to eat my cereat in my room...its gonna get soggy on the elevator ride up) JUST...tacky...tacky...tacky!!! Oh, they have not redecorated there since The Boston Tea Party! I thought I saw the Ghost of George Washington there! LOL...Shall I go on? Do yourself a solid and just pay a few extra dollars to go to the Wyndham next door! U should never have to pay over $200 for any Best Western at any point, especially ran like this. This one is kinda cruddy! Hope this helped yall out.

Room Tip: Check your room cleanliness, heat, and if amenities work as soon as you arrive. Parking area is a li...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Traveler,

We here at the Round House appreciate everyone's opinion and realize everyone is entitled to their own. We will be renovating at the end of the year so some of the things you brought up will be addressed. Best of luck in your travels

Chinook, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was very nervous picking a motel in Boston. I read reviews and checked prices. This hotel had the best price and the reviews were good. Our stay was very enjoyable thanks to the employees of the Roundhouse Suites. Everyone was friendly and willing to please everyone. The breakfast was great. The shuttle service took us where we need to go to get our connections. I would suggest taking a cab from the airport. They are not expensive and a better way to get to the Roundhouse. I would stay at this hotel and I would recommend it.

1 Thank Katherine T
John W, AGM at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi Katherine,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay at our property! I enjoyed reading that you had the chance to experience great customer service across multiple departments - which is our goal day in and day out. We will be renovating by the end of the year - keep in touch so we can invite you back!