Charlesmark Hotel
Copley Square Hotel(Boston)
  • Pool
Hotel 140(Boston)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboston public librarycopley squarerooms are smallfinish linefinishing linefresh bagelsgreat locationclassical music playingboylston streetcontinental breakfaststereo systemboston marathonqueen roombar loungetrinity churcht stationtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel is small but well run. Staff are friendly and helpful. They checked me in early when I arrived first thing in the morning and offered me breakfast. Breakfast is donuts, bagels, coffee and juice. Perfectly fine to start your day with. Rooms are modern and adequately sized. Bathroom is small but this did not bother me. I had an older style tv but it would have been nice to have a larger flat screen, I'm sure they will upgrade these in the future. I would stay here again if I return to Boston, loved the location and ease of staying here!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you're looking for an affordable, CLEAN, efficient hotel with an excellent location, and a warm and helpful staff.....look no further! Some of the rooms are on the small side, but who cares when everything you need is right there! A lot of thought went into designing the rooms and bathrooms. Well done! (And the bed was very comfortable.)
Also a plus for me was the fact that coffee and hot water for tea were available 24/7. By 6 a.m., bagels, fruit, sweet rolls, and o.j. are available in the comfortable "dining area" with someone always close by should you need something.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on 5th floor, facing Boylston. It was relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I needed to stay overnight in the city in order to attend an evening event. From the hotel's location I was able to walk to the event in the Theater District. As previously described, my room was small but was fine for my purposes. I'm short (5 feet, 2 inches) so I had to stand on my toes in order to bend over to use the bathroom sink. This was minor of course.

Room Tip: In good weather I suspect there would be noise from the sidewalk cafe in the front.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Onna
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Being on a budget, we found this hotel on Trip Advisor and booked it before we left for the USA.What a welcome surprise to have it be exactly as promised! Because we arrived earlier than the check-in time,the staff held our luggage while we started our sight-seeing, as we only had three days in the city. The computer terminals ( and a printer!) for hotel guests to use, was great and the complimentary coffee and tea in the lounge was a welcome change to everywhere else we had stayed.The room was small, but was fine for the three days, as we spent all day every day, out and about.
The location of this hotel, was perfect, as it is so very close to Copley station and Newbury Street. We came away from Boston having had a great experience in a reasonably priced hotel in an excellent location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SandyJohannesburg
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent one night at this hotel and we were really pleased with everything about it. We arrived early and were able to get into our room very shortly after. The staff was very helpful about holding our luggage for us, both on our arrival and departure days. The room was small, but smartly decorated and very functional. There was more counter space in the bathroom for toiletries than many larger rooms have. Price and location are great. There's a T stop right across the street. Free coffee and tea in the lounge and continenal breakfast make it an evern better value. Also a nice perk--two computer terminals with a printer, free to use. We plan to stay here again the next time we come to visit our daughter.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family