Charlesmark Hotel
US$323
US$253
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$227
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$236
Official Website
US$339
US$277
  • Room Service
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$316
US$252
US$223
US$182
  • Bar/Lounge
US$297
US$252
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$242
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboston public librarycopley squarerooms are smallfinish linefinishing linefresh bagelsgreat locationclassical music playingboylston streetcontinental breakfaststereo systemboston marathonqueen roombar loungetrinity churcht stationtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I'm developing a love affair with independent hotels. This is a small, independent property in the Back Bay area only a block away from the convention center hotels charging a heck of a lot more. We arrived way early but they had a room available and checked us in at 11:00 AM! Rooms are smallish but this is a big city, so what else is new? They must use a hiring profile that emphasizes youth and enthusiasm because everyone we encountered from check in to check out was young, positive, competent and engaged.

Room Tip: the street rooms look out on the Boston Marathon finish line!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This hotel was near the Hynes convention center, and everything else worth visiting. From the moment I was greeted (special KUDOS to Tim) through to every need I had, this was a first class hotel at economy prices (economy for that location, that is). The room was small but so well-appointed and configured, that it felt large enough. It had a definite European feel to it. The bed was comfortable. The amenities were great, esp the sound system and bottled water. Breakfast was ordinary, but they tell you that up front in their description on the website. Also, they warn you about street noise, so I brought ear plugs. I will never bother looking for another hotel in Boston.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LPorterRN
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed 4 nights in room 503. We had a queen bed, loveseat sleeper sofa, a desk area (no chair). We felt the room was very comfortable for the two of us, had our teenage son on a couple of nights and then that felt a little cramped. Truth is, we don't spend a lot of time in the room, so not a huge impact. Our room was more the mid-size type (not the smallest or largest.......just like Goldilocks!). There is no door man, no pool, no workout facility. There are 2 computers and a printer for guest use.
Breakfast was simple: coffee, orange juice, donuts, bagels, fresh fruit, and instant oatmeal.
We did not have a car and used mass transit. It was a surprisingly easy ride on the T from Logan airport. We arrived late into the city and the cab line was so long we figured we would use the train as the wait time seemed to be longer than the train ride. Easy! We arrived at the hotel in about 25 minutes (Copley Station).
The location of the hotel is really great. I had friends recommend the hotel but when I read reviews of the small rooms, I didn't want to even try staying here. The price made it seem like a "too good to be true" type thing. I tried making a reservation at other hotels and the $4-500 rates were painful! I figured I would give this a try and am glad I did.
The bar area was lively hosting a birthday party one night. Personable bartenders with great recommendations for area restaurants, etc. The front desk staff always friendly and helpful.
My only negative is that we had noisy neighbors and the room and hall noises could be intrusive. For example, I could hear the rumble of the vacuum cleaner in the room above. On a positive note, no street noise--but we didn't have a view of it either. Our room was right across from the elevator.
I would stay again, book earlier, and explore options. At the time we booked, not many available.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fly_momFl
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I first stayed here when the hotel originally opened and only just returned after years. This return would have been sooner, but others have obviously found this little treasure as it is frequently booked solid.

The rooms are designed with a modern style and have comfortable beds. The negatives? The closet space is not designed for women's business dresses, but luckily the hotel was accommodating and provided me with extra hanger and I just hung them up on the coat hooks. The wifi is pretty good speed, so no complaints there. I did wish that they had a small table that I could use to place my coffee on or my computer to work on. But, I survived without it, so it wasn't a big deal.

The one thing I will rave about is the service. The personnel is very nice and very helpful - I really can't say enough at the quality of service at this hotel. The location is great and overall, a wonderful place to stay in Boston!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Great room with the added bonus of a couch. Great location, staff friendly and full of helpful hints on how to get around. Breakfast was of bagels / oatmeal and coffee was basic, but hit the spot. Good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple