Charlesmark Hotel
US$358
US$340
US$314
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboston public librarycopley squarerooms are smallfinish linefinishing linefresh bagelsgreat locationclassical music playingboylston streetcontinental breakfaststereo systemboston marathonqueen roombar loungetrinity churcht stationtwo blocks
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our company booked this hotel, so I don't know the price of the room, but it was a great one night stay. The room and bathroom were very clean. The rooms are small, but I;m not in my room except to sleep, so I don't need much space. They had the tv on a jazz station when I walked in, which was actually a calming touch after a long wait for the "shared van" bringing my work colleagues to the hotel.
The continental breakfast is basic, coffee wasn't great, but I get breakfast when I go to my meetings, so it didn't really bother me that it wasn't very good.
The pillow/bed was extremely comfortable. I was very happy with my stay, which was only one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I stayed for four nights in September and we highly recommend this hotel.
Room: Not huge, but you could hardly call it small. The decor looks pretty new and the bed was comfortable. We were in 507 which was at the back of the hotel and had a window on both sides letting plenty light in. The room looked onto the back lane but we didn't hear any noise while sleeping. The bathroom was nicely decorated and the shower cubicle was spacious.
Breakfast: Included in the room cost. It was basic but set us up for the day nicely - there were bagels, cream cheese, jam, doughnuts, fruit, tea and coffee. Breakfast is served in the bar area.
Bar: When we arrived on Saturday night to check in the bar was very busy and there was a nice atmosphere, but on the other nights we stayed it was much much quieter. We didn't have a drink in the bar, although we meant to, time just got away from us.
Staff: All very friendly and helpful.
Location: Right at Copley Square, across the road from the T stop (Copley), also across the road from the Boston Public Library. Easy walking to Boston Common and the start of the Freedom Trail. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants in the immediate area. All in all, you couldn't ask for a better location.

3  Thank allanmac81
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We picked this hotel because of the many positive reviews and its central location. The hotel is a small hotel converted from a very old building. It is narrow and high, if that makes sense! The staff are very nice, particularly Laura (Lauren?) on the front desk who was very helpful in making the most of our short stay. We were given room 307 on the third floor. The lift was having problems when we were there, but it was scheduled to be fixed. The floor corridor is narrow. The room we had was very small. There was a small double bed and no room for any other furniture, so no chairs or desk. There was a tiny floor level closet with room for just a few clothes. There was a fridge that was so high it was not really useful because short people would not be able to reach it. The bathroom was small but adequate. The shower was tiny and the water flow from the shower head was poor. The bed was very comfortable with lovely soft pillows. Room was quiet except when garbage trucks came to the back area around 6 am. Breakfast was disappointing because of limited choice. Just tea or coffee with sugary cakes, fruit, and oats. Have been told that bigger rooms are available. Would stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: If you want a large room with a closet check the hotel availability
2  Thank pdsfinance
Reviewed 30 September 2013

my wife and I stayed here 2 nights,close to centre,rooms tiny but free internet,basic free breakfast but friendly staff especially kurt who gave me a $25 drink voucher for my 50th nice touch,hotel clean and beds small but otherwise value for money.

1  Thank redjimmy
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here for a conference. This hotel is conveniently located to the Convention Center and public transit - both Back Bay Station and Copley. It is a quick, easy walk to the Convention Center and transit. A very basic continental breakfast and Wi-Fi are provided for free. I thought this was a good value for the price, quality and location. The only negatives were: the bed was so-so comfortable; the lighting near the bed was poor making it difficult to read at night; the elevator service was a bit spotty.

A great lunch spot - Sweetgreen is next door to the hotel. Some great dinner spots - Lolita on Dartmouth and Piatinni on Newbury are just around the block. A nice plus is that there is a Dunkin located on your walk to the Convention Center.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business