“I love This Hotel”

Ranked #66 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Wallingford CT
“I love This Hotel”
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This is a great hotel, clean and smack in the middle of the city. The rooms are very functional and atmosphere is fun!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Madison, CT
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We stayed at the Charlesmark for St. Patrick's day last week and just had the best experience! To start the location is fabulous. Right in the middle of all of the action and great for the kids because the Public library, mall, and Copley Square (park) are right across the street and you are right around the corner from Newbury street which is a great place to walk around and shop. To stay in such a great area of Boston for such a reasonable price was great. The staff at the hotel were so friendly and accomodating. They greeted us as though they had been waiting for us to walk through the door each time we came back to the hotel. They made a big deal out of the kids and made them feel right at home. They offered to help us with luggage and the stoller with a smile each time we came in. We have two small children 5 and 2 years old and we stayed in a room with a queen bed and a pull out couch. It could not have been more comfortable. The room was so organized that we had plenty of space and there was a very nice desk and closet that made organizing our stuff..diapers and such very easy. The kids were thrilled that there was a tv and dvd player and vcr...you can bring movies to entertain them while you get shower and get ready (or sleep in a bit)! The room was really really clean and in great condition which made me very happy. I used a restroom outside of our room twice and it was spotless each time. The room was also very quiet and dark so the kids slept well...and late! There is also a lounge downstairs that was very nice where you can have a glass of wine. We had such a great experience staying at this hotel our family will stay there every time we are in Boston and I would highly reccomend it to anyone else with or with out children!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sjdrought
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2010

The room was small, but very clean. The lighting wasn't very good. The breakfast was skimpy - so I just got coffee and did my own thing. It wasn't the best I have ever stayed in, but it definitely wasn't the worst! It was decent for the price.

Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Boston
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Once or twice a year I will meet my sisters in Boston getaway weekend. We have stayed at the Charlesmark several times, and always have a great experience. The location can't be beat, within walking distance to everything (shopping, restaurants, and the T). The rooms are great, the bed comfortable, and I love the shower!! The lounge is a wonderful place to start the evening. The bartender Vanessa was very helpful in helping us decide where to go for dinner, and even phoned a few places to inquire about reservations. When we came back to the hotel around 11 pm the lounge was very busy, we were tired and did not stop in for a drink, but it looked like a good time. We were on the bottom floor, and did not hear any noise from the gathering upstairs. In the morning they serve coffee and bagels..a nice extra on a cold morning. I am looking forward to my next sisters getaway....and would again choose to stay at the Charlesmark!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Campinas
Reviewed 30 December 2009

The hotel is really well located, everything could be done on foot and in case it's needed the subway is close to it. The room was not too big, but it was clean and as I was travelling by myself and was looking for a confortable place to rest for one night it was perfect. The hotel staff is frendly and willing to help and the price was really worth.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelling_BR
Ireland
Reviewed 30 November 2009

After reading mixed reviews we were a little unsure about this hotel, but it is a little gem and we would reccomend it to anyone. Friendly staff (for the most part), clean hotel, free breakfast, nice food and all about 10 feet from the nearest T station. Rooms are small, but certainly comfortably big enough for two people on a city break. As for noise, yes, sometimes you could hear noise but certainly not enough to interfere with sleep and when you are staying in a city centre, do you expect silence?

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LittleDIreland
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed 20 November 2009

There is a lot to like about this hotel. Location, cleanliness, great staff, well decorated rooms and bathrooms. I love that the sheets and towels smell as though they came from my home dryer. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room boasts unique storage solutions.

What I didn't like was initially being given a room in the basement but the front desk understood my discomfort and found me a room on the 4th floor. Never before had I heard of a hotel having rooms in a basement.

On the third night of my four night stay the guest above me created quite a ruckus between 2:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.. Because of the wood floors, you will hear creaks, moving about which didn't bother me. The cranked stereo, things falling on the floor, etc., during the middle of the night, however, did. Thankfully, that guest stayed only one night. I really liked this hotel but wouldn't stay here again because of the noise potential.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo