“gross with bed bugs!”

Abercrombie's Farrington Inn
Ranked #31 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My arms neck and side of face is covered in bedbugs! So gross! I wish i read the reviews before i stayed here! I have travelled all around the world in budget accomodation but never have experienced bed bugs! I will be calling the health jnspector on this place. It seems they know about the infestation but have not done anything to rid themselves of these pests! DO NOT STAY HERE! Its not worth it!

Room Tip: Dont stay! Its infested with bed bugs!
Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Melisa B

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We paid $170.00 for a night !!!!!! way too expensive for such a bad place. Do not stay there !!!! rooms are horrible !!!!! one towel for 4 people, pillow with out pillow case was wraped on a bed sheet, bottle of dishwashing liquid detergent in the bathroom instead of soap : ( !!!!!! blankets full of cigarrete burn holes ohhhhhhhh and the beds are squaeky, making very hard to fall asleep with out being afraid that at any minute the bed will fall apart !!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay there !!!! rooms are horrible !!!!! one towel for 4 people, pillow with out pillow cas...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank nina w
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

I know it's a budget hotel, but this place was absolutely below a low budget hotel. For $95 a night you are getting way less that paying an extra $50 to stay at an actual hotel. The bed was more than awful. If you moved just slightly, it sounded like a 1000 witches being boiled. My wife and I kept joking that it was the taco shell bed cause it just folded in the middle. Within the first 20 minutes of being there I killed 2 cockroaches. The a/c merely blew air and didn't cool down at all. I would say "don't stay here, no matter how cheap you are."

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank Landon F
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My boyfriend and I are in our early twenties and have travelled a lot, staying in a lot of budget places. But, as other reviewers have said, budget should not mean dirty.
It is now nearly 1am and we are being kept awake by our neighbours blaring music and talking loudly. This is our third night here and each night has been the same.
We are sleeping on mattresses older than we are that creak and have springs that prevent you from finding a comfortable position. The bed sheets are torn and we have taken the filthy blanket off completely. We are sharing a bathroom with 3 other people and the toilet backed up. We went to the management office but had no response at all. Luckily, we came across housekeeping who unblocked it, and supplied us with a plunger in case it happens again!! The kitchen facilities are fine but with no washing up products which strikes me as a bit disgusting. Speaking of management, when we met him initially, he was very pleasant and allowed us to check in early. But when we were taken to the room that he had told us was ready, there were wet, dirty towels on the bed. This didn't seem to phase him at all.
The people who are currently keeping us awake with awful music tend to sit around the apartment all day whereas we like to go out all day and explore, the hostel is a five minute walk from the subway stop which is a plus. So, if you've come to Boston to get drunk and see nothing but the inside of your hostel, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I really do recommend that you spend a bit more money for a nicer place. We were desperate, unfortunately, due to last-minute booking. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank HalfTheWorldAway
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Boston seems to have limited, economical accommodation. The Farrington is reasonably well located, in a busy area, with lots of restaurants and an easy subway trip from the city centre. However, It is very shabby. It smells. The hall ceiling leaked water from the upstairs?! Clock radio not working. No internet service in room (despite advert), rather unclean, and shared bathroom/toilet was horrible. No interaction with proprietors. A bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Alanmorgan007
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I didn't like it here at all. Although the location is perfect. It's not in the city centre, but at the universities, restarants, bars and clubs. The beds are really crap. Both days I waked up with pain in my hips/back and neck. There is a smell of wet dogs and you can really hear everything. The wall between to room next to me had also a door. When people walked from the stairs the whole house shaked. And worst of all, when I was outside drinking a beer at the parking lot, I saw 2 huge rats going down into the cellar!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Amigoe1
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here in an apartment with four other friends.

The price was amazing for the location.
The 'T' Green Line (Boston College Branch) provided an excellent connection into the City Centre and was inexpensive. Harvard Avenue and the surrounding main roads have adequate offer of retail, food and drink etc.

The decor of the place is intentionally old-fashioned.
I found that it gave the place a charm, there are wooden floors and period features.

We had a Television, adequate bathroom facilities, and a kitchen, it was more than suitable.
Staff were very efficient, no problems whatsoever!

Room Tip: We were placed in an adjacent apartment. Maybe ask if it's free?
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends