“Great !!”

Abercrombie's Farrington Inn
Ranked #33 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
“Great !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2004

Great place - I must say it's totally geared for ultra budget travel, no frills, and lots of college kids, but these places are getting harder and harder to find. Ask for the rooms with no airconditioning -they're even cheaper than the ones they list on the internet.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2003

The most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. Arrived to a dirty room. Still trash in the trash can, used glasses in the wash basin and stained sheets. The room was infested with bugs. We were eaten alive by bed bugs. I would not recommend this establishment to my worst enemy.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Boston hotels

Cape Town ,South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2003

We arrived to find the room dirty with trash in the bins and unmade beds. We rang the manager and he managed to get someone to give the room a quick once over. After the first night we were covered in bites from bed bugs , not that we could sleep anyways as there was no aircon and the street was terribly noisy. No information or help was given to us regarding our stay in Boston , no brochures or metro maps available. In our 2 weeks on the Us East coast it was the worst stay anywhere.

5 Thank fraxon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2003

The place is dirty, the managment bad they do not even clean your room or change the sheets.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2003

I wonder if new management has taken over this place. Bob Terwillinger (I think that was the fellow's name) was such a mean character it made me never want to come back ever again. The house itself needs a lot of work. It looks more run down than a Boston University fraternity house!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
san diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2003

I stayed here about five years ago. It sounds like the place has gone downhill since then---there were no leaks in my room, nor did the bed fall apart. I thought the place was okay for the money, except for one thing. The staff is mostly college kids and their quality varies considerably---some of them were good and some should have been fired. One jerk in particular ticked me off. The heat in my room mysteriously stopped one afternoon. I made three trips down to the desk to ask him to fix the problem, but nothing happened. It wasn't until a new clerk came on that the problem was corrected.

2 Thank booradley2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2003

I stayed at the Farrington on my first trip to Boston, and it made my trip! I was a single traveler, there for a week - and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. If you're a hotel-type person, this place is not for you. If you love quirky experiences - this is the place to stay! I don't remember my tv working - but you're in Boston, you have much better things to do than watch tv!!! I actually had a drip in the corner of my ceiling (away from the bed), a table that was falling apart, and my room had been furnished by a flea market... and I loved every bit of it! The Inn will tell you itself, don't expect the holiday inn - that's not the point of this place. I talked with the owner over breakfast, shared a bathroom with a diverse group of people, and roomed next to a family of four. I felt perfectly safe, was close to the T (and Harrell's Ice Cream - yum), and the place is beautifully quaint! Oh - and there was a church around the corner where the priests host a coffeehouse in the basement - very gothic and a bit odd, but it added to the quirkiness. I highly recommend staying here!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Allston / Brighton
Fenway / Kenmore
Found Places Boston Fenway Inn
Downtown
Hostelling International - Boston

Been to Abercrombie's Farrington Inn? Share your experiences!