“LOVED IT!”

Boston Foodie Tours
Ranked #11 of 46 Food & Drink in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Boston Foodie Tours ("BFT") is proud to have been awarded the 2013-2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. BFT specializes in "award-winning" best eats, such as "Best of Boston" winners, James Beard Award winners, food institutions, and the like. Additionally, we focus on culinary education and Boston's rich history. Our tour offerings include the Beacon Hill & Back Bay Tour, the North End Neighborhood Tour (Little Italy), and the Market District Tour (Faneuil Hall, Boston Public Market). We also offer private group and VIP tours, 3-course Dine Arounds at Boston's finest restaurants, and community-based cooking classes. Join us on Boston's tastiest tour as we "Stroll. Sample. Savor. Repeat."
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Audrey is just WONDERFUL and we REALLY enjoyed the tour with her! She made everything so fun and she was so knowledgeable and passionate not only about FOOD but the area!! We were visiting Boston and I loved that she made sure to throw in tons of history about Boston that we would otherwise had never known!!!! We did the Beacon Hill/Bay Back tour and it was awesome! Loved all the stops and food along the way (especially the chowder!) The only thing I would say is there are tons of sweets, perfect if you have a sweet tooth, but if you don't, maybe check out some of her other tours. Overall it was definitely a highlight of our trip! So much fun, amazing food and company!

1  Thank cjaye e
Audrey G, Owner at Boston Foodie Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for such a thoughtful, descriptive review. We're so glad that you enjoyed our Premium Beacon Hill and Back Bay Tour, which remains our most popular one.

At Boston Foodie Tours, we try to strike a balance between sweets and savories on all tours. On this particular tour, we offer a few takeaways so that guests have the option of enjoying full-sized, sweet offerings later, or, if they prefer, sharing them with others. That being said, this version of the tour ends with sit-down dessert of choice at a 5-star hotel. For those guests who might not enjoy a parting sweet, we recommend the standard version of this tour, which ends one stop beforehand with a savory dish.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This past weekend my mom & I spent Saturday afternoon in Boston and took the Beacon Hill & Back Bay Boston Foodie Tour. The weather was perfect and everyone was celebrating the Red Sox win. There were 10 people in our group. Audrey, our tour guide, was very friendly and informative about both food & the city. Over about 5 hours I feel like we got a good sample of foodie shops, nice restaurants, and local favorite joints for ice cream and the like. We also got a great walk through the city, the park and a nice "goodie" bag to take home. Highly recommended for both visitors to Boston and Bostonians who want to learn a bit more about their home town.

4  Thank Liz8411
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I had one day to spend in the city, and the Boston Foodie Tour turned out to be the perfect way to spend it! Jill was our tour guide, on her first "solo" expedition, but Audrey was there to help along the way - both were incredibly informative and provided great history and back stories on the various restaurants, owners, food, etc. if you're expecting to eat full meals along the way at each stop, this isn't for you. However, it turned out to be a well-paced (6 hours in this case) trek through Boston, sampling various restaurants, groceries, etc., all with terrific local flavor and history. The Beacon Hill/Back Bay tour starts at Scampo, attached to the Liberty Hotel, where you enjoy delicious lobster pizza, and ends with amazing desert at the Four Seasons. In between, you try a little bit of everything, and the information coming from Jill and Audrey made the food that much more enjoyable. Audrey takes the business very personally, and your enjoyment is her only priority. Highly recommended!

1  Thank BearcatBen
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Audrey was fantastic and very knowledgeable! We tasted some of the best food I've ever had and it was such a fun walk! I will be signing up for future tours when in Boston!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Beacon Hill/Back Bay tour I went on yesterday with my daughter was amazing! Audrey was an excellent tour guide that took us on a delightful culinary experience as well as providing us with an interesting historical tour of Boston as we walked from place to place. This was my first time doing a food tour and I can’t wait to sign up for another! I would recommend this tour for anyone coming to Boston, it was truly fantastic. My personal favorite was the Lobster pizza we tasted – yummy!! I visit Boston regularly and now have several new places that I will definitely go back to. Thank you so much Audrey for a wonderfully delicious day in Boston!