“Fabulous Food, History and Hidden Gems!”

Boston Foodie Tours
Ranked #11 of 41 Food & Drink in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Boston Foodie Tours ("BFT") is proud to have been awarded the 2014 and 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, and to maintain a 5-star rating on all review sites. BFT focuses on "award-winning" best eats, such as "Best of Boston" winners, James Beard Award winners, celebrity chefs, food institutions, and the like. We also partner with Boston's popular food trucks. Our tour offerings include Beacon Hill & Back Bay, North End Neighborhood Tour, Beacon Hill Neighborhood Tour, Back Bay Neighborhood Tour, and the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway Tour. We also offer private group tours and 3-course Dine Arounds at Boston's finest restaurants. Join us on Boston's tastiest tour as we "Stroll. Sample. Savor. Repeat."
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fabulous Food, History and Hidden Gems!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our tour with Audrey herself outdid our expectations! A delightful four and a half hours of food and fun. My daughters and I were joined by a couple from Texas for our tour. We were celebrating a special birthday by doing a Busman's Holiday tour of the North End as the three of us are local. In fact, one daughter had lived for years in the North End, and Audrey welcomed her stories of that time while adding the extra history and knowledge of more recent events - and delights. We couldn't have asked for a better day. As to the particulars, our Fitbits registered over 10,000 steps for the outing, so do wear very sensible shoes! And our dinner reservation for the evening suffered a bit as the offerings of bread, chowder, cheese, pizza, pasta, cupcakes, cannoli and chocolate were enough to cover both lunch and dinner. Audrey was a wonderful guide - the pace was unhurried but deliberate. We did tell Audrey that we were celebrating a birthday, and she arranged for a molten chocolate cake and ice cream topped with a candle at the last stop, Lucca's restaurant. Perfect!

Each shop and shop person entertained our questions and delighted us with their artisanal knowledge. Special thanks go to Jen at Cocoanuts and Mary at Bricco Panetteria for hosting us in their shops. The wait staff at Lucca's were the best, and Joe at Bricco Salumeria is wonderful. The company was excellent and the experience a complete delight. Thank you, Audrey!

1 Thank Anjrub

Houston, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Boston Italian”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I joined three others for a walking food tour of Boston's Italian cuisine north end, an area of narrow streets, quaint shops and lots of places to eat. Tour host and founder Audrey Giannattasio has a pretty thorough knowledge of the area and the foodies who own and operate the many establishments. From a chocolate shop to a brick-oven pizza place to fresh-baked Italian bread to an Italian dining spot, the tour covers a wide variety of palates and tastes, with many stops along the way where Audrey gives a little bit of history has well. This was my first "foodie" tour, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was an enjoyable afternoon. The three other ladies on the tour (12 is max, but the smaller group likely added to the ambience) were locals, and one lived in the north end for a few years, and they added their own stories to Audrey's repertoire. My wife thought the $70 price was a bit high versus a couple of NY City food tours, but nonetheless the time and money was well spent.

Franklin, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun, tasty, informative”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to escape into the city for the night sans toodlers. We decided to spend the afternoon traversing the north end and tasting some of it's hidden jewels. What a great day! Audrey was a great guide full of local knowledge and expertise. I now recommend BFT to anyone I know who is looking for something t odo in the city. My wife and I can't wait to venture back into Boston and sample one of those chicken parm subs we saw walk past the group at Bricco's!

Arlington Heights, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time exploring Boston Eats”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We did the North End Tour on a beautiful Sunday last week. Stops included Union Oyster House, Pizzeria Regina, Cocoanuts, Lulu's Cupcakes, Bricco Salumeria and Panetteria. Modern Pastry, and Lucca. This is a great tour with a nice balance of savory and sweet. Audrey the owner took great care of us. Her little tidbits and stories added depth and understanding of the area that you would never get just visiting the stops on your own. The pace is quite comfortable, Audrey kept us moving while allowing us ample time at each stop. Our group became very friendly so it was great fun meeting and talking to the other guests. I highly recommend this tour to out of towners and even Bostonians And don't worry, you will leave full -- if not stuffed!

Hanson, Massachusetts
“This should be on EVERYONE'S bucket list.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family shared 5 wonderful hours on the Beacon Street Street premium tour with Audrey August 9, 2014, my anniversary of 39 years. My daughter and fine son-in-law that are expecting their first baby in a few weeks walked with us around Boston too (80 degrees and sunny). WE ALL COULD HAVE KEPT GOING. The pace is perfect, eat, walk, eat, walk, rest and continue

, We live in Boston, and Audrey still entertained and surprised us with fascinating stories and info. We ate, drank, and were merry all day. It was a very social and relaxing atmosphere, and our group was so friendly that it became a great party. I really can't decide what was my favorite moment because there were so many, but if pressured I would have to say the finale at one of Boston's gorgeous, prestigious restaurants really pushed the whole experience over the top. Who knew what you could do with a simple egg. AMAZING. Audrey: WE WILL RETURN & BY THE WAY, WE ARE HOOKED! ENJOY AUDREY'S WARM HOSPITALITY. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED ONE BIT !!!!!!!!!!!!