“Fun way to see the city”

City Running Tours - Boston
Ranked #12 of 61 Outdoor Activities in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Running is part of the fabric of this city. Boston is the home of the world’s oldest annual Marathon, and its population routinely ranks among the nations fittest cities. The Charles River is blessed with the Dr. Paul Dudley White Bicycle Path, a paved loop stretching from the Science Museum upstream nine miles to Watertown on both sides of the river. This route, among many others are meticulously maintained which makes it possible to run outdoors in Boston even through the bitter New England winters. The city is small enough is size that a ten mile run can get you from Brookline to Cambridge and back, but not so small that there’s ever a shortage of great running routes. The combination of the youth and history of Boston make it a world-class city and dream destination for runners.With our personalized runs you choose how far you would like to run, what areas and sights you would like to see and we customize a run based on that information. Your personal running guide will meet you at the location where you are staying to take you on your run. We will run at your pace, provide water and have a camera in case you feel like capturing the moment.At the completion of the run we will return you to where you are staying and you walk away with a souvenir goody bag that includes a t-shirt as well as running and city related products. Our personalized runs take place 7 days a week, all year long excluding Christmas day and Thanksgiving.Group RunsLead by the knowledgeable guides of City Running Tours, this tour will be about 5 miles long and at a casual pace to suit all running levels. There will be stops along the way to take in the scenery and talk about the landscape. This run includes bag and coat check and a bottle of water. You will be responsible for your arrival to and departure from the meeting location.
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Fun way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My 3 friends from university and I were celebrating our 25th year of friendship in Boston on 5/31 and decided that this running tour was a great way to start our day. We met Brian and Matt at Harpoon Brewery just before 10. It was only the four of us and our two guides which only added to great service Brian provided. We ran at a comfortable pace, just as advertised. We learned little known facts about many historical points of interest along the Freedom Trail. Brian was well-informed. Our route was about 6.5 miles and the time flew. before we knew it, we were back at Brian's truck having a post-run snack and drink. The brewery tour was cool and Harpoon was very generous in their tasting room. Post tour, the six of us sat down for beer and pretzels. I would recommend this excursion and will probably do it again when I bring other friends to the city.

Visited May 2014

Belchertown, Massachusetts
“Really fun way to learn about the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My friend and I signed up for this running tour on 4/12 and it was a great decision. Geoff met us at the Harpoon Brewery a few minutes ahead of schedule and we discovered that we were the only ones running on this particular day. We took off running right away and ran at a pace that was perfect for us. Geoff taught us a ton of interesting history about Boston and helped us navigate through the crowded streets! It was so much fun and a great workout. We are not used to running, stopping, then resuming running, but it was a nice challenge. We are training to run a half marathon next month so this was a good way to mix up our routine.

I highly recommend visiting this brewery to everyone, but it is especially rewarding after the running tour! We got there with plenty of time to relax and enjoy a beer before the tour began. And of course we stayed for another when the tour concluded.

We cannot thank Geoff and Brian enough for the experience. It's great to have the photos Geoff took as souvenirs of a great day.

Visited April 2014
“Best way to tour the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Awesome experience running the Boston Freedom Trail and touring the Harpoon Brewery. Best combination tours and great value....would do it again just to meet other other people with similar interests.

Visited February 2014
Cairns, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to combine running & sight seeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Had an awesome tour with Brian taking on history, legend and information as we passed some of Bostons most beautiful sights covered in a light dusting of snow. My only regret is I didnt find out about them sooner, would of loved to of joined a few more tours. A must for any fitness level on a tour of Boston (a great way to burn off some energy as well to take in some of the regions fantastic foods!)

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best run/tour combo, even if you are a Bostonian.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was looking for something to do Xmas week and saw an ad for the City Running Tours and thought, why not? Great way to meet interesting people from all over the world, see the sights of Boston, learn some interesting history and get in a good run. Brian our tour guide shared some really interesting details and being from Boston myself, I was embarrassed at how little I knew and how many interesting little places I have missed along the way. This was my first tour but definitely not my last. Seems as though there is a large variety of tours covering various areas of the city. Great way to spend some productive time when visiting Boston and kill two birds...

Visited December 2013