“Really delightful stay for our anniversary”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northern Virginia
“Really delightful stay for our anniversary”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I booked a room here through SniqueAway, which made me a little self-conscious, but I called to provide my Kimpton InTouch membership number and mentioned that I was staying for a special occasion.
Despite the fact that this is the first time I'd ever stayed at a Kimpton hotel, I found that my husband and I had been assigned a spacious corner room with a view over the Boston Common, and there was a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine on ice to greet us! It was a really lovely touch and set such a pleasant mood.
The rest of our stay was equally pleasant--the hotel is opposite a T station and only a block or two off the Freedom Trail. Dinner on Beacon Hill was an easy walk as well.
We didn't try the KO Prime, being out and about for most of the day, but our room was always a relaxing retreat to return to. Housekeeping is attentive to guest's preferences, cleaning when we asked and observing "privacy" signs when they were posted, and the desk staff were cordial and friendly.
Our room faced Tremont Street, but other than the night the Bruins won big, it was pretty quiet! and the drapes are amazingly opaque. We slept like rocks on the delicious king-sized bed--in short, it was everything I'd asked for and more. Thanks, Nine Zero, for a great anniversary!

Room Tip: Join the InTouch program to give preferences!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California, USA
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Trendy hotels aren't really my thing, so when I arrived I was braced for a cold experience. I was happily surprised - a friendly staff, complimentary wine tasting, pet-friendly policy, and free WIFI made for a relaxing stay. The rooms were well designed/ decorated, trendy but comfortable as well. Extra points for the great shower, fabulous water pressure. And the location was super!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
London, UK
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed two nites in the Queen Deluxe Room.
Disagree with previous reviews that rooms are showing their age.
We were in 1601 and it was in perfect condition.
Room was on the small side for two adults though.
The bed dominates the room, along with a writing desk and chair.
While Kimpton prides itself on design, there were a couple of problems in my view.
1) TV is built into the wall and it is well above eye level. Not very practical.
2) Shower door opens outward and a lot the water spills out onto bathroom floor.
Overall though I was very pleased with the room and would definitely come back.

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 June 2011

A bath couldn't be filled with water in my room because a plug didn't work. It is very relacxing time for me to take a bath. Called and asked the front desk, there was no apology with insincere talk. It was very dissapointing. Can I stay 4 more nights here?

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank tusc_5
HotelManager90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback (especially while you were still in house) and glad to know we were able to remedy the concern with your tub. Our sincerest apologies that you felt as though your initial notification to our staff was mishandled. Please do come and see us again soon and enjoy your summer!
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Don't miss the social hour! It's quaint and inviting, kinda like you're at a cocktail party with people you just haven't met yet... The entire staff was friendly and attentive, but the front desk manager / cocktail host -- Andrew Smith -- was top notch when it comes to customer service.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2011

First thing I have to say is that I know that I am a fool for leaving a valuable item in my car.
I stayed at the hotel with my wife over the weekend and valeted the car for the night. I left a ring that I had purchased for my wife in the glove compartment as I forgot that it was in there when I checked in. When I got home the next day I grabbed the ring from the glove compartment and took it in the house and opened the box and the ring was gone. I called the hotel to report what happened and the person who answered the desk did not seem to care. They stated that the valet had nothing to do with the hotel but "would investigate". Never heard from hotel but from Valet company LAZ. The women said that she worked in claims and could not do anything for me.

The hotel rooms are nice but make sure you walk there!

Room Tip: Don't trust the valet service!
6 Thank mcn220mcn
Dear Guest,

As you know our Director of Safety and Security has been working with you (directly) and our valet company to gather all details and file your claim. While we don't agree with your accusations, we thank you for your feedback and review.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Overall I was really pleased with our stay. The style, service, and location of the hotel can't be beat but the furniture in our room all showed some wear. All the edges were worn on our two night stands and desk. Also our duvet had a stain and a hole the size of a cigarette burn. The worn comforter seems like an obvious oversight on a hotel that charges $300/night but we would choose to stay here again.