“excellent hotel”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This hotel was above my expectation. Hotel is in the center of most of the tourist attraction. The staffs are courteous and friendly. The room was clean and cozy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,744)

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I booked this hotel because I really wanted to stay downtown and be close to the action. It was more money than I usually spend on a hotel, but it was really worth it. We were just a block or two away from the T Station. A cemetery right across the street was the burial spot for Paul Revere and John Hancock. It was two blocks away from Boston Common. GREAT location. We had a room on the 13th floor and had virtually no view out the window, but we didn't spend a lot of time in our room so it didn't matter much. The room was small, but big enough for my husband and I. The bed was very comfortable. In fact, I don't remember the last time that I had such restful sleep in a hotel room! The service was great and the employees were friendly. Even the cleaning people smiled and said hello to us when we saw them in the hallway. There is a wine reception every evening from 5-6 in the lobby. There were coolers of water for hotel guests during the day. We didn't visit the restaurant at the hotel because we found lots of other places to eat in a very close proximity. Overall, I was very happy with our stay at the Nine Zero Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife & I stayed for 3 nights after picking hotel from reviews on TA. Its a modern hotel, very comfortable fairly spacious rooms (We had a corner room overlooking the Granary Burial Ground- not that spooky). Bed & bedding extremely comfortable, plenty of lighting, armchairs, iPod alarm & DVD player,safe,free wi-fi (If you join Kimpton in-touch loyalty scheme), iron & ironing board. Bathroom large with a great large walking shower. Good quality complimentary toiletries. Minor issue was hairdryer only had a 2foot lead so one had to bend down to use the dryer and the mirror at the same time. Staff extremely friendly & helpful - suggested alternate nearby locations for breakfast (we followed advice & had one breakfast at Paramount Breakfast Bar - Charles St. great for good value omelette, home fries etc). Nice touch was complimentary wine every evening 5-7pm (1, 2 or more glasses if you wished) But the real benefit was the location close to Boston Common, Faneuil Hall and right on Freedom Trail. Would stay there again. Good quality accommodation at good price (Booked via net but some months in advance)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are sunny & light, higher floors have less street noisier and even quieter at rear
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear DBtraveller,

I'm glad you got to enjoy our evening wine reception, along with our comfortable bedding and prime location! Our team looks forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Reviewed 11 October 2011

My Family and I stayed here for a copl nights during the summer, really great hotle tucked away right beside the Kings Chapel. Just short walking distance from the Fenel Hall, very interesting . Rooms were well appointed, amenities great and the Bed was sooooooo comfortable. Staffe were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We booked this hotel for four nights. We arrived there a bit early but could check in straight away, we were given breakfast vouchers which we were not expecting. The receptionist came around to the front of the desk to show us where the lifts were, which was a nice touch, and told us that wine was served between 5.00 and 6.00pm every day in the reception area.
The room was excellent, lovely large bed with feather pillows, I was a bit worried as the interior is very modern, but all the furniture was very comfortable, including two lovely armchairs in the bedroom. The only downside was that we didn't have a view, but there again we were out every day.
We went down to the reception area at 5.00pm and had more than one glass of wine! a very nice touch.
Benjamin the "bellboy" was more than helpful, he really couldn't do enough, he would suggest where to go and eat and he always asked us if we had enjoyed our day. Would we stay there again, definately.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Just returned from a three night stay at this classy hotel perfectly situated in downtown Boston. The doormen and receptionists greeted us with a smile as did the three canines at check-in. The pooches were never seen or heard thereafter. Maybe they did not want to leave their comfortable rooms. Ours was of ample size with a modern minimalist decor which may not be to everyone's taste. Room and bath were clean and well maintained. Great shower with good water flow. All the essential amenities. The view out the window was of the offices across the street - not a problem in itself (especially on the weekend when they were empty), but would probably splurge next time for a room with a real view. One advantage to being on the little side street is that the room was quiet and we got a good night's sleep on the comfy bed. We could see Sam Adams' grave from the room by looking down the street - which leads to this hotel's best feature: its location. It is within easy walking distance to several of Boston's prime attractions and convenient to the financial district and Government Center. Our only disappointment was that the food at dinner at the hotel restaurant - KO Prime - was entirely forgettable. Overall, a pleasant stay. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Exmarsa,

Thank you for writing a review and for reccomending our hotel to future travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you will be able to upgrade to a view next time you visit us. KO Prime is usually enjoyed greatly by our guests and I'm hopeful that you will give it another try when you return!

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Good service rules over all else, and they wowed me. I'm hard to be wowed. Got in at 11pm - and they had minimal things on the menu, and available for their late night. And, they don't serve alcohol after 10:30pm - which I've never heard of. They brought me the food and felt so bad, the room service person begged the bar for a glass of wine for me - and brought me bottle of champagne (which prob won't be opened). Very impressive. The room is fine,shower is strong but leaked a bit, location seems great - but service can and will trump all. I'm becoming a Kimpton fan.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Dear Banjogo,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad our service was able to "wow" you and that you've become a Kimpton Fan! I would encourage you to sign up for our rewards program called "Kimpton In Touch", which allows you to earn free stays in addition to other great perks. I hope you plan on returning to Nine Zero in the future, so that we can continue providing you with the great service we are known for!